Recycle Bin?

Features wanted...
j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: Recycle Bin?

Post by j_c_hallgren »

I guess there wouldn't be a way to be able to see a choice of the two views (raw vs formatted) on-the-fly without having to do a Config chg?

But if not, yes, being able to see the more typical view in Tree might help new users as well who are sometimes confused by existing raw view.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

Only a bit OT:
If you can add RB to tree: could you also add Shared Documents (or how it's named in english)?
OK - only if it can be configurable, as I don't think everybody would love this! But for me it would be very helpful.

Maybe there are others where people are interested in?

aimy

Post by aimy »

Yeah... I really surprise about this never ending issue.

Why XYPlorer wants to be so secretive/protective about Recycle Bin? Huhuhu..

Although I don't use RB that much but it's really weird for a file management software that doesn't show RB in the tree.. :mrgreen:

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

aimy wrote:Yeah... I really surprise about this never ending issue.
Why?
Why XYPlorer wants to be so secretive/protective about Recycle Bin? Huhuhu..
Actually, XY is a lot more descriptive of the RB than even Win Expl is...WE is secretive in that it doesn't actually show the true contents but a variant/formatted view.
Although I don't use RB that much but it's really weird for a file management software that doesn't show RB in the tree.. :mrgreen:
It does show it in tree but just not in the form most users are familar with.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Creat

Post by Creat »

Yea, I'd also very much like to see an integrated (and interpreted) view of the recycle bin in the tree.
Preferably as a entry with "My Computer" as a parent (meaning on the same level as the drives, ideally directly below them or the network places).

Thanks for this in advance :D

iycgtptyarvg

Post by iycgtptyarvg »

admin wrote:
Kirby wrote:could it be possible to show the Recycle Bin in the tree....or as a selection in the Special Folders?...and also an option to empty it?
Just curious. I now have the magic powers to actually add the Recycle Bin special folder to my tree as you might remember it from the old days when you still used Explorer. Anybody interested?
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please :)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kirby wrote:could it be possible to show the Recycle Bin in the tree....or as a selection in the Special Folders?...and also an option to empty it?
Yup, done! 8) :mrgreen:

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:
And well done! :)
Couple of quick remarks about it:
- Not the first time I notice this, but is there a quick way to import all the mode-specific settings for one List mode to another? Because having to re-set everything for the new Recycler mode (Columns settings, List Style, Interface Colors...) I really wondered...
And, something I've often thought of yet never mentioned before, it would really be nice, both for Interface (List) colors & Column Layout, a way in one mode to apply/import the (current/default) settings from another mode.

- Tools|Tools Special : how about adding "Go to Recycle Bin" in there (or replacing "Open RB" -- same goes for the TB button actually. After all, weren't all those there sort of because XY didn't show RB the way it does now), especially for oldies who wouldn't noticed it, or those who have MT and don't have it shown there for one reason or another. (I know "goto %recycler%" works fine, but it's also a way to "promote" it, plus I'm sure I could add something about being lazy or needing to know XY's variables or something if needed be ;))

- When in Recycler mode, how about adding on top of the List ctxt menu an option "Empty Recycle Bin..." -- Easier/quicker than to have to (remember to) go to Tools|Tools Special. I know Select All+Delete does the same, but heh. (Also, when there and hitting Shift+Del XY says "Not allowed here and now." That's nice, but why not act as if Shift wasn't held, and ask confirmation for a permanent delete, as does a regular Del, or as usually does Shift+Del in the first place?
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:
admin wrote:
And well done! :)
Couple of quick remarks about it:
- Not the first time I notice this, but is there a quick way to import all the mode-specific settings for one List mode to another? Because having to re-set everything for the new Recycler mode (Columns settings, List Style, Interface Colors...) I really wondered...
And, something I've often thought of yet never mentioned before, it would really be nice, both for Interface (List) colors & Column Layout, a way in one mode to apply/import the (current/default) settings from another mode.

- Tools|Tools Special : how about adding "Go to Recycle Bin" in there (or replacing "Open RB" -- same goes for the TB button actually. After all, weren't all those there sort of because XY didn't show RB the way it does now), especially for oldies who wouldn't noticed it, or those who have MT and don't have it shown there for one reason or another. (I know "goto %recycler%" works fine, but it's also a way to "promote" it, plus I'm sure I could add something about being lazy or needing to know XY's variables or something if needed be ;))

- When in Recycler mode, how about adding on top of the List ctxt menu an option "Empty Recycle Bin..." -- Easier/quicker than to have to (remember to) go to Tools|Tools Special. I know Select All+Delete does the same, but heh. (Also, when there and hitting Shift+Del XY says "Not allowed here and now." That's nice, but why not act as if Shift wasn't held, and ask confirmation for a permanent delete, as does a regular Del, or as usually does Shift+Del in the first place?
1) no GUI way, but you can do a quick copy/paste job with the INI sections to get this done.

2) I added Favorites / Special System Folders / Recycle Bin (Virtual) to go to the thing.
I could well remove the Tools|Tools Special/Recycle Bin... section now. I just wait a little to see whether the new bin works alright on all systems...

3) Empty Recycle Bin... is available in the Tree context menu. But ok, I might add it to the white space context menu later.

4) Not allowed here and now. = BUG!

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

could you add a setting/tweak like "mixed sort for date columns" or "sort folders appart" but only for the virtual RB?
when using at the RB i want the last deleted item on top (sorted by deleted date), but everywhere else i want folders on top.

if you can't (or don't want to), then please undo this:

Code: Select all

v8.70.0154 - 2009-12-21 11:45
    - Menu Tools | Tools Special: Removed the following commands which
      have been rendered useless by the new Recycle Bin support:
        Open Recycle Bin...
        Empty Recycle Bin...
        Recycle Bin Stats...
      Also removed the "Open Recycle Bin" toolbar button.
i used the commands (on a CTB) all the time.
i still prefer the shell RB over xy's RB exactly because of the way items are sorted.
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator
only 5 URLs are allowed on the sig...

nony

Post by nony »

Well atleast this command is not useless
"Empty Recycle Bin..."
I often keep files in RB for week or so and then delete them all if not needed. :roll:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No way back, but this will help you making your own button:
run "::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"

carmenm

Post by carmenm »

HI,
I really like the new recycle bin but i dont see it anymore. I mean i dont use the tree. Where can i find it now?

Thanks

zer0

Post by zer0 »

carmenm wrote:I really like the new recycle bin but i dont see it anymore. I mean i dont use the tree. Where can i find it now?
It's in the Tree ala Windows Explorer ;)
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zer0 wrote:
carmenm wrote:I really like the new recycle bin but i dont see it anymore. I mean i dont use the tree. Where can i find it now?
It's in the Tree ala Windows Explorer ;)
It's also a normal location, that can be used anywhere in tabs or catalog or address bar etc. Just type "Recycle Bin" into the address bar or whatever it's called in your locale...