Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
Post Reply
Raf
Posts: 158
Joined: 31 Jul 2024 15:34

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Raf »

In which file dialogs that you use the menu does not appear? What kind of applications are these?

I added some checks so that the menu does not appear in various erroneous applications, but it seems that the "Blacklist" option is still needed. What should this option be in your opinion?

Raf
Posts: 158
Joined: 31 Jul 2024 15:34

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Raf »

WirlyWirly wrote: ↑09 Apr 2025 22:49 I've been using the original QuickSwitch for a few years...
Me too, so I started by adding all the paths from xyplorer to the menu :D
It only took 30mins, that's why I love XY.
One issue I've run into is that when the xy-tab uses variables...
Versions 1.0+ is aimed at high performance and is devoid of various checks and transformations. But XY always transforms virtual paths to the real paths if it can. Sometimes SC PathReal() cannot convert a path.

You can write a bug report. Please attach screenshots with:
  • Paths from XY
  • This paths display in the menu
And copy any problematic path from the XY address bar and attach it as a log.

To ensure that the correct current paths always appear in the menu, do not open system virtual paths such as This PC. RAF paths is fully converted to real paths.

P.S.: You can use the Short path option to hide the username ;)

WirlyWirly
Posts: 317
Joined: 21 Oct 2020 23:33
Location: XY 64-Bit | Win 10 @ 100% (3440x1440)

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by WirlyWirly »

Great update, I've been using the original QuickSwitch for a few years and this next-gen is quite promising.

One issue I've run into is that when the xy-tab uses variables (either XY or windows variables), they are not resolved when the script makes the quickswitch. The result is that explorer fails to find the directory.
2025-04-09_13-44-48.png
To see the attached files, you need to log into the forum.

Raf
Posts: 158
Joined: 31 Jul 2024 15:34

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Raf »

MBaas wrote: ↑08 Apr 2025 11:22 just a question: I noticed that when I can't Paste into the Open/Save dialogs when QS is running in the background.
Has anyone else noticed that, too - or is it something with my environment. Or did I miss any options?
Record the gif and attach it to the bug report. You can also try the beta version.

MBaas
Posts: 697
Joined: 15 Feb 2016 21:08

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by MBaas »

Eh - that's weird. Suddenly paste is working again. Must have been another problem - or a temporary glitch in the time/space continuum... :whistle:
____________________________________________________________________________________
Happy user. Screen scaling 100% and W11Pro [Version 10.0.26200.7922], XY 28.30.14000 * F² * LinkTree

Horst
Posts: 1410
Joined: 24 Jan 2021 12:27
Location: Germany

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Horst »

MBaas wrote: ↑08 Apr 2025 11:22 just a question: I noticed that when I can't Paste into the Open/Save dialogs when QS is running in the background.
Has anyone else noticed that, too - or is it something with my environment. Or did I miss any options?
No such effect here.
I can still paste anything into the dialogs.
You should not set the option to always show the menu.
Windows 11 Home, Version 26H2 (OS Build 26300.9550)
Portable x64 XYplorer (Actual version, including betas)
Display settings 1920 x 1080 Scale 100%
Everything 1.5.0.1423b (x64), Everything Toolbar 3.5, Listary Pro 7.1.0.37 beta

MBaas
Posts: 697
Joined: 15 Feb 2016 21:08

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by MBaas »

just a question: I noticed that when I can't Paste into the Open/Save dialogs when QS is running in the background.
Has anyone else noticed that, too - or is it something with my environment. Or did I miss any options?
____________________________________________________________________________________
Happy user. Screen scaling 100% and W11Pro [Version 10.0.26200.7922], XY 28.30.14000 * F² * LinkTree

Norn
Posts: 510
Joined: 24 Oct 2021 16:10

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Norn »

is this a suggestion for improvement?
Yes.
You can hide the Edit1 control with ControlHide before navigation and show the Edit1 control after navigation, just like Listary does.
Windows 11 24H2 @100% 2560x1440

Raf
Posts: 158
Joined: 31 Jul 2024 15:34

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Raf »

You suggest something like this?
To see the attached files, you need to log into the forum.

Raf
Posts: 158
Joined: 31 Jul 2024 15:34

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Raf »

Norn wrote: ↑05 Apr 2025 13:59 Using the Edit1 control should be more universal, because some dialogs don't have an address bar.
Maybe most people can accept using the address bar, so it shouldn't matter.
I want to clarify: do you have a problem with the Edit field or is this a suggestion for improvement?

xy123
Posts: 217
Joined: 17 Sep 2017 11:46
Location: Win10 64-bit, @100%

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by xy123 »

Raf wrote: ↑05 Apr 2025 13:47 Thank you, I'll try to add this file dialogs support. Do archive managers have their own file dialogs? I received a suggestion to add support for BandiZip dialog...
No, most don't use custom file dialogs including BandiZip which works just fine with QuickSwitch.
https://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE- ... able.shtml

Norn
Posts: 510
Joined: 24 Oct 2021 16:10

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Norn »

Raf wrote: ↑05 Apr 2025 13:45
Norn wrote: ↑05 Apr 2025 13:37 Using the address bar to navigate causes flickering and leaves a trail, I use the Edit1 control to navigate
Have you tried disable AutoSwitch?
Norn wrote: ↑05 Apr 2025 13:37 There is some code on the AutoHotkey forum for virtual folders.
Its not hard to implement. But I deleted it, bc it not very useful. This app should be more versatile. Use "Short Path" option instead, its more customizable than RAF names.
I don't use AutoSwitch, I looked at your gif.
Using the Edit1 control should be more universal, because some dialogs don't have an address bar.
Maybe most people can accept using the address bar, so it shouldn't matter.
Windows 11 24H2 @100% 2560x1440

Raf
Posts: 158
Joined: 31 Jul 2024 15:34

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Raf »

xy123 wrote: ↑05 Apr 2025 12:19
1. XYplorer :biggrin:, select a file, go to Edit >> Copy To >> Browse button.

2. This app uses even older one, which cannot be resized.
https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Fi ... Sync.shtml
Thank you, I'll try to add this file dialogs support. Do archive managers have their own file dialogs? I received a suggestion to add support for BandiZip dialog...

Raf
Posts: 158
Joined: 31 Jul 2024 15:34

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Raf »

Norn wrote: ↑05 Apr 2025 13:37 Using the address bar to navigate causes flickering and leaves a trail, I use the Edit1 control to navigate
Have you tried disable AutoSwitch?
Norn wrote: ↑05 Apr 2025 13:37 There is some code on the AutoHotkey forum for virtual folders.
Its not hard to implement. But I deleted it, bc it not very useful. This app should be more versatile. Use "Short Path" option instead, its more customizable than RAF names.
Last edited by Raf on 05 Apr 2025 13:48, edited 3 times in total.

Norn
Posts: 510
Joined: 24 Oct 2021 16:10

Re: Updated QuickSwitch [AutoHotkey]

Post by Norn »

Using the address bar to navigate causes flickering and leaves a trail, I use the Edit1 control to navigate, there is some code on the AutoHotkey forum for virtual folders.
Windows 11 24H2 @100% 2560x1440

Post Reply