Noob here... Few qns

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
pulsarrex

Noob here... Few qns

Post by pulsarrex »

HI.. I just started using XYPlorer trial version... Its amazing..! as a newbie i got a few questions

1. I created a few "favorite folders" on XYP... now when i launch XYP i wanna c all my favorite folders... I tried configuration->start and exit.. but all it can do is to let u open a folder on Windows... Is there any workaround for this?
2. in Win 7 u can sort an mp3 folder according to artist, album, year, rating, genre and many more... But all these are missing in XYP?
3. in Win 7 when u want to view your mp3 files as thumbnails it shows the album art... But I cannot see any album art in XYP... How to fix this?
4. in Win 7 when u start searching for a file, the explorer starts automatically updating the search results as you enter. Can we do the same in XYP? if yes, how?

zer0

Re: Noob here... Few qns

Post by zer0 »

Welcome :)

1. Favourite folders don't open by default. You can open them individually. Alternatively, have them open when you close XY and they will be remembers (unless you configured otherwise).
2. Shell columns are planned, see roadmap link in my signature.
3. Check "Enable shell thumbnails" in Configuration | Thumbnails.
4. Live filter for list is planned, see roadmap link in my sig.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

pulsarrex

Post by pulsarrex »

wow... thnx for the prompt reply :mrgreen:
1. I think u did not understand my question... sorry i would have put more effectively.. :( What I meant to say was whenever I launch XYP, i want it to show a list of my favorite folders... not to launch each of my favorite folder( I think thats what you thought,I think)... I f you still dont understand I can explain it by posting images... is 'imgur' a better option?
3. Its already checked.. But still mp3s dont show as their respective album art...? :(

zer0

Post by zer0 »

1. How do you want to show them? They are available in Favourites > Favourite Folders menu.
3. Works for me. What OS are you using?
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

pulsarrex wrote:1. I think u did not understand my question... sorry i would have put more effectively.. :( What I meant to say was whenever I launch XYP, i want it to show a list of my favorite folders... not to launch each of my favorite folder( I think thats what you thought,I think)...
Hi and welcome to the XY forums from me as well!

Instead of Favorites, suggest you look at Catalog: http://www.xyplorer.com/tour/index.php?page=catalog
I f you still dont understand I can explain it by posting images... is 'imgur' a better option?
If you ever need to post images, please do them via this forums feature as storing them elsewhere makes it less convenient for others to see them...and try to keep them to 1024x768 or such because some users don't have large screens and huge images are hard to see.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

pulsarrex

Post by pulsarrex »

zer0 wrote:1. How do you want to show them? They are available in Favourites > Favourite Folders menu.

3. Works for me. What OS are you using?
1. Thnx for the reply... Ya I have realised we can that... but what i want to see all my favorite folders once i launch my XYP... As an example when u launch win 7 explorer it shows you a list of lbraries...In the same way I want to see all my favorite folders when I launch XYP...
This is very important to me because even though there are thousands of folders on my PC... I mostly only use about 15 of them... It saves me a bit of time if i can c all my favorite folders together...
3. I use win 7 ultimate... :roll: If u dont mind can u show me step by step how to do it.. Pics will be awesome... Thnq..
Just to let you know configuration-> thumbnails->enable shell thumbnails is already checked...

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Re #1: Just three steps to see your favorite folders in the catalog:

1. Enable display of the catalog
2. Mark all your favorite folders as such
3. Ctx-Menu of Catalog, "Insert as new category here", "Favorite folders"

et voila
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

zer0

Post by zer0 »

pulsarrex wrote:3. I use win 7 ultimate... :roll: If u dont mind can u show me step by step how to do it.. Pics will be awesome... Thnq..
Just to let you know configuration-> thumbnails->enable shell thumbnails is already checked...
I'm not exactly sure why it is not working for you. Your list is in Thumbnails mode, right? Just checking :) My set of settings in Thumbnails section is as follows and it works for generating thumbs from cover art as you can see:
thumbs.jpg
thumbs.jpg (237.42 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
Windows 7/10

pulsarrex

Post by pulsarrex »

I just did exactly as u showed... No luck... :( When i click "show thumbnails", it just shows the thumbnails of files... not the album art... May be is it because v10.10...?
Attachments
xyp2.jpg
xyp2.jpg (120.63 KiB) Viewed 985 times

pulsarrex

Post by pulsarrex »

my config->thumbnails is as shown... plz help..
Attachments
xyp3.jpg
xyp3.jpg (183.6 KiB) Viewed 985 times

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

Last I checked XY couldn't read ID3v2.4 tags, could that be the issue here?