Toolbar Scrolling not working

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
SkyFrontier

Toolbar Scrolling not working

Post by SkyFrontier »

I only got this when trying to scroll:

Code: Select all

Error 	91 (0000005B)
Desc	Object variable or With block variable not set
Dll	0
Proc	Wheel

Source	XYplorer
XY ver	8.80.0320
OS	Windows XP (Service Pack 1)
Date	25/2/2010 18:44:01
Genius mouse.
XYplorer remains opened after clicking OK.
Mouse is set to "scroll one page at a time". Same occurs when "scrolling 3 lines at a time".
Fresh install of XY.

Thanks for the solution, may turn Toolbar more comfortable for new users who are not into scripting yet - which probably are familiar with the "toolbar scrolling" from other apps.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

SkyFrontier

Re: Toolbar Scrolling not working

Post by SkyFrontier »

Quick add:
it does NOT crash until the first toolbar button is added. But if you tell XY to restart without saving, it will behave the same way even if another single button was NOT added.
Hope this helps.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Second add: it does crash when mouse is over icons, but not when over an empty portion of the toolbar.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

Confirmed error message in the first post on Win 7. However, it only happened prior to enabling an ability to scroll on initial install. Once it's enabled (even if it's subsequently disabled), the error message does not re-appear.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

zer0

Post by zer0 »

Another bug: I can actually scroll the toolbar even though toolbar scrolling has been disabled :shock:
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

v8.80.0320 - 2010-02-25 22:07
      You turn scrolling ON/OFF in Customize Toolbar at the new checkbox
      "Toolbar can be scrolled". Factory default is OFF.
Suggestion: leaving it ON by default will not only cause no harm but "accidentally" can show new users another great XY feature. (It will also fix the above mentioned problem, as a side effect :wink: )

-scrolling WITH mouse set to "scroll one page at a time" works smoothly, too. Thanks, Don!

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Zer0:
Another bug: I can actually scroll the toolbar even though toolbar scrolling has been disabled :shock:
Confirmed.
But after saving changes and restarting app, the initial error message shows up again.

CyGho

Post by CyGho »

Confirmed in Vista SP2:

Error 	91 (0000005B)
Desc	Object variable or With block variable not set
Dll	0
Proc	Wheel

Source	XYplorer
XY ver	8.80.0320
OS	Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
Date	26-2-2010 0:27:34
Software: should we be aware because it's soft ? I like to think not !

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Well, it works fine in one place -- here on my W2K sys!

Updated this post: Moved 'wish' part to other thread.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry for the little bug. Fixed.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

Unwanted behaviour: scrolling down shifts the toolbar icons to the left, which is inconsistent with how tab scrolling works :wink:
Windows 7/10

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zer0 wrote:Unwanted behaviour: scrolling down shifts the toolbar icons to the left, which is inconsistent with how tab scrolling works :wink:
Agreed.

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

v8.80.0325 - 2010-03-02 15:44
    + Toolbar: Now it has an overflow dropdown. The nice thing is that
      you can freely combine it with the toolbar scrolling feature.
The overflow doesn't appear to update when you scroll the toolbar via wheel, it remains the same items that were there originally, but scrolling by dragging updates the menu.

Aside from that it looks & works exactly as I would have expected (that's good).

EDIT: It's also nice that it keeps the separators but I kind of think it should ignore them if they are the first or last item in the menu.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

With a dropdown showing and scrolling turned on, I was able to manually resize the XYplorer window to create situations with drawing glitches and showing of partial buttons (instead of the whole shebang).
Windows 7/10

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Just tried it and seems to be working ok...except for a possible glitch in icon for "Forward" when there isn't any locations...shows a blank square... I know that icon is gray as is background on context menu but still needs something there.
SS - 03-02-10 @ 10-11-28001.jpg
SS - 03-02-10 @ 10-11-28001.jpg (18.05 KiB) Viewed 2142 times
And as shown, increasing the min width of AB to 100 still doesn't make it really usable...I still would love a setting somewhere that would provide the min pixel count that we want instead of a fixed value.

Now that we have dropdown, I would gladly shove some TB icons to 'overflow' to get a somewhat usable AB but since I have no way of defining where that split occurs, I'm kinda stuck with a tiny AB.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.