Run-time error '91' and others.

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Forum rules
:warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20: READ THIS AND DO IT!!! :warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20:

:info: Please include the following information:
1) Your XYplorer Version (e.g., v28.00.0801)
2) Your Windows Version (e.g., Win 11)
3) Your Screen Scaling Percentage (e.g., 125%).

:info: We strongly recommend adding your Windows Version and Screen Scaling Percentage to the Location field in your Profile or to your Signature. That way, you only have to type them once, and we won't have to search for that vital information.

:info: When attaching an Image, please use the Attachment tab at the bottom of your post and click "Add files".

:warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20: READ THIS AND DO IT!!! :warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20: :warnred20:
autocart
Posts: 1403
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by autocart »

Hi Don,
i get the feeling that XY is going through a many bugs phase currently, triggered by the glow-up thingy.
That said, i generally like the glow-up development. But it seems to have thrown XY into beta.

Here are a few:
Version: XY 28.40.0203
scaling 100 % and 125 %
win 11
(Most bugs already exist since a few versions.)

1) A Run-time error '91' appears reliably after a (re-)start of XY and then after the FIRST calling of ::#711; (check for updates) and closing the pop-up dialog.
XY Run-time error '91'.png

2) BTW that pop-up dialog sometimes looks normal sized and sometimes is extremely looooooong (wide) while keeping the normal height.
xy looong pop up bug.png

3) Also, the tool bar menu looks too camped together. When I go into settings and change the spacing in styles forth and then back to my initial spacing, it looks again normal, as I would expect. Sometimes that bug does not happen. (Maybe solved itself all of a sudden? Glad, I made that shot before it solved itself temporarily.)
xy narrow menu.png

4) But now I cannot even open the settings because F9 acts as if the dialog opened invisibly. XY freezes, only after I press Escape, it becomes reactive again.
(That bug is in fact new to me with this newest version.)

5) Also, the Cancel button in the customize toolbar dialog seems ... awkwardly placed.
xy customize toolbar cancel button bug.png
To see the attached files, you need to log into the forum.

RalphM
Posts: 2132
Joined: 27 Jan 2005 23:38
Location: Cairns, Australia

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by RalphM »

Hi auotocart

Since you're a regular poster here, wouldn't it be time for you to read the red bit at the top of this page and do one of the strongly recommended things there?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 25H2 Home x64 - XY: Current x64 beta - Office 2024 64-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 66917
Joined: 22 May 2004 16:48
Location: Win8.1, Win10, Win11, all @100%
Contact:

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by admin »

Interesting, but unfortunately I cannot repro any of this. Is there anything usual about your system (3rd party skins, themes...)?

autocart
Posts: 1403
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by autocart »

3rd party skins, themes... Not aware of any.

Maybe I have unusual style settings in XY, like overall spacing and line spacing set to the absolute minimum, I think it's -9 and -4? In list view I use details with thumbnails by default, file icons are hidden, font size can change from time to time but it's usually a bit bigger (15 or more).

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 66917
Joined: 22 May 2004 16:48
Location: Win8.1, Win10, Win11, all @100%
Contact:

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by admin »

Do you get the same issues with a fresh instance?

autocart
Posts: 1403
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by autocart »

I was able to reproduce the following 2 bugs in a fresh 64 bit 28.40.0203 version:

1) Run-time error '91'. Same as above. What I should also note is that when closing the update-dialog, it kind of flickers in a very strange way with white rectangles appearing shortly. Then it completely disappears and the run time error dialog pops.

I also now noticed that the whole head line is missing:
fresh 64 bit:
xy fresh 64 update dialog missing headline.png
vs. 32 bit:
xy 32 update dialog with headline.png

2) Displaced Cancel button to a degree
fresh 64 bit:
xy fresh 64 customize toolbar cancel button bug.png

The other 3 errors I could momentarily NOT reproduce in the fresh 64 instance.

That said the cramped tool bar menu and the looong update dialog bugs come and go in my regular 64 instance, so the same might be true to the fresh 64 instance.

The settings dialog not appearing and instead freezing XY until I press Escape, is also NOT present in the fresh 64 instance -> that is ok there. Currently it is a permanent bug in my regular 64 instance. It also just happened in the latest version or my regular 64 instance (according to my observations).
To see the attached files, you need to log into the forum.

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 66917
Joined: 22 May 2004 16:48
Location: Win8.1, Win10, Win11, all @100%
Contact:

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by admin »

Weird. Something wrong with your system fonts? "Segoe UI Semibold" works? Try to select it in the 32-bit version.

autocart
Posts: 1403
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by autocart »

Seems to work fine in the 32 bit version.
(In the 64 I can currently not test it because I can't access the settings dialog.)
To see the attached files, you need to log into the forum.

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 66917
Joined: 22 May 2004 16:48
Location: Win8.1, Win10, Win11, all @100%
Contact:

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by admin »

autocart wrote: ↑03 Oct 2026 14:04 (In the 64 I can currently not test it because I can't access the settings dialog.)
That might be fixed in the latest beta:

Code: Select all

    * Tools | Configuration: This dialog now always opens on the primary monitor. This 
      ensures that it won't get lost on an attached but powered-off screen.

autocart
Posts: 1403
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by autocart »

ok, thank you, at least the settings dialog in 64 bit XY pops up again.

setting the font to Segoe UI semibold seems to make no difference in 64 bit XY either.

but when I open the apply to ... dialog in the font settings and then close it, I again get that same Run-time error '91' again, this time so bad that it crashes XY completely.

With the update-dialog, it at least does not crash XY and the error only appears the first time that I check for updates.


Let me test it on my office laptop in the next days. I think the bugs are not as visible or not present at all there.
Here, on my personal laptop, were the bugs, as it seems, are more present, I have an external GPU, btw. That setting is not very common. Maybe it has something to do with that?

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 66917
Joined: 22 May 2004 16:48
Location: Win8.1, Win10, Win11, all @100%
Contact:

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by admin »

external GPU should not be a problem unless it is a problem :)

autocart
Posts: 1403
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by autocart »

admin wrote: ↑03 Oct 2026 15:49 external GPU should not be a problem unless it is a problem :)
Wow, I just thought I test it out, restart my laptop with the eGPU disconnected. Bugs gone. :shock:
It is the eGPU after all. Fuck. :blackstorm:

autocart
Posts: 1403
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by autocart »

Or it has to do with the 2nd monitor that is connected to the eGPU and has a different scaling factor than the laptop monitor. BTW, it really is an old flat screen TV, not a dedicated PC monitor.

autocart
Posts: 1403
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by autocart »

Ok, final conclusion:
It IS/WAS the 2nd monitor (old flat screen TV) that I had set to be the primary monitor (when connected). Now I returned to the laptop monitor to be the primary monitor again and the bugs are all gone even when the eGPU and the TV are connected.

autocart
Posts: 1403
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Re: Run-time error '91' and others.

Post by autocart »

Funny, though: The 32 bit version did not seem to be bothered by the TV being primary.

Post Reply