Main Menu Toolbar Button

Features wanted...
Skettalee

Re: Main Menu Toolbar Button

Post by Skettalee »

autocart wrote: 04 Feb 2022 12:42
admin wrote: 04 Feb 2022 12:01 I will completely write my own main menu bar. It will effectively be a second toolbar above the current main toolbar, allowing you to add buttons to the right of the menu items.
That sounds interesting.
Did you ever write something to add a toolbar to the side ? Just wondering because I would like to have more toolbars as I have so many so far, I use the 2 toolbars but i can only switch between them, id like one on the side going down if possible

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Catalog.

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

I dont understand what you mean. I do know atleast the basics of the catalog, never really did anything with it. Can you place a toolbar on that?

Also I found this info: (not sure how true it is)

XYplorer supports extensive customization, including the ability to create custom toolbars. However, the information directly addressing the simultaneous display of two custom toolbars is not explicitly outlined in the sources I found. XYplorer is known for its highly customizable interface, which includes features like tabs, dual panes, and scriptability​​.

Users can modify and create vertical toolbars (vTBs) using scripts, which suggests a level of flexibility in how toolbars can be configured and potentially displayed​​. The discussion about needing more custom toolbars due to a lot of new scripts suggests that while there is a desire for more toolbar customization options, the default capabilities may have limitations in terms of displaying multiple custom toolbars simultaneously​​.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

autocart

Post by autocart »

Skettalee wrote: 07 Mar 2024 21:38 Also I found this info: (not sure how true it is)

XYplorer supports extensive customization, including the ability to create custom toolbars. However, the information directly addressing the simultaneous display of two custom toolbars is not explicitly outlined in the sources I found. XYplorer is known for its highly customizable interface, which includes features like tabs, dual panes, and scriptability​​.

Users can modify and create vertical toolbars (vTBs) using scripts, which suggests a level of flexibility in how toolbars can be configured and potentially displayed​​. The discussion about needing more custom toolbars due to a lot of new scripts suggests that while there is a desire for more toolbar customization options, the default capabilities may have limitations in terms of displaying multiple custom toolbars simultaneously​​.
Sounds like GPT. In case I'm right, I can only suggest: Forget that bot when it comes to accurate info.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

User Buttons (aka Custom Toolbar Buttons) are another cool way to make lots of vertical toolbars. Just use the button keys (like in the example below) in the "on left-click" field and tick "Fire click on mousedown":

Code: Select all

:dpmoveto
:dpcopyto
-
:newfolder
:copypath
:showfolders

autocart

Post by autocart »

But that would be more like a drop down menu. Not a vertical tb.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So? Functionally and (almost) formally the same.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

autocart wrote: 07 Mar 2024 21:52 Sounds like GPT. In case I'm right, I can only suggest: Forget that bot when it comes to accurate info.
It may be a bot, but I did upload a vTB (Vertical Toolbar) script back in 2015. Wow, 9 years ago. :)
viewtopic.php?t=13494
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

klownboy wrote: 08 Mar 2024 01:35
autocart wrote: 07 Mar 2024 21:52 Sounds like GPT. In case I'm right, I can only suggest: Forget that bot when it comes to accurate info.
It may be a bot, but I did upload a vTB (Vertical Toolbar) script back in 2015. Wow, 9 years ago. :)
viewtopic.php?t=13494
Thats So cool. I have been looking over your script thread and it gives me so much anxiety to try to read it. I have problems with retaining information that I read especially as the amount of words exceed more than 2 sentences and often get anxious when trying to read things that are more than that. I have found things like screen readers help but just not very very well often. I noticed that you seem to have a bunch of different versions. I dont want to have to ask and will continue trying to read it to figure it out but did you ever finish the VTB with a final version just incase I can find a way to skip all that reading and retaining? I dont mean to be a pain so if I am, i am sorry and you can just disregard me.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Skettalee, to try out the script you should download version vTB_v1.08.zip at the bottom of the first post viewtopic.php?t=13494. Even that latest version is nearly 4 years old. It was long before Don came out with the new CEA scripting function. The script does allow you to assign a backup script for the Right-click on White in tree and list which with the new CEA function does not require a restart of XYplorer so I will issue an update soon.

To simplify, I'm actually thinking I may just get rid of the Right-click on White options altogether since it's so easy for someone to do assign the script via CEAs in Configuration anyway.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440