Auto Focus Active List Tab After Selecting Folder in Tree

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
kbleft

Auto Focus Active List Tab After Selecting Folder in Tree

Post by kbleft »

Summary: I would like a configuration option to make XYplorer automatically (re)focus on the last active list tab after selecting a folder in the tree. This would make my use of the Live Filter feature more efficient by eliminating some unnecessary mouse clicks and unexpected/unintended behavior.

Use Case: I open a new tab and select a target folder in the tree using my mouse. Focus automatically returns to the new tab. (Perhaps the first item in the list is selected or the most-recently-selected item is selected.) I let go of the mouse and immediately begin typing a file/folder name. Live Filter locates the file in the list. I press enter, and I'm off and running.

Current Operation: Currently, when I select a folder in the tree using my mouse, focus stays in the tree. If I start typing, XYplorer searches the tree and selects a new folder, changing what is loaded in the list tab to a folder I did not want. In order to Live Filter the list, I must click to select a folder in the tree and then return the mouse to the last active tab and click somewhere in the list. Only then can I Live Filter the list.

Expected Efficiency: I want to cut out that extra mouse movement and click needed to return focus to the list so I can begin filtering the list immediately with no delay. Finding files buried in an overflowing directory is exactly what I need Live Filter for. I frequently select a folder in the tree and start typing expecting to filter the contents in the list but, instead, end up navigating to some other drive or directory. Then, I have to go back to my mouse to fix everything.

Thanks for everything. This program really is awesome!

highend

Re: Auto Focus Active List Tab After Selecting Folder in Tree

Post by highend »

That already exists...

Code: Select all

; Tweak: 1 = Tree > List, 2 = Catalog > List, 4 = Address Bar > List, 8 = Favs > List
SetFocusTo=1
It's a bit wise value, so the 1 means: autofocus list when the tree was selected

https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak

Moving to Q&A
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

kbleft

Post by kbleft »

Wow, this program really does have everything!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm not familiar with all of the tweaks.

Is it possible to select more than one option for this tweak, or do I have to choose only one? I ask because now that I can make it work with the tree, I would also like it to work the same way with the address bar and the catalog. The tweak is there, but I want to select "all of the above," if that makes sense.

Thanks, again.

highend

Post by highend »

It's a bit wise value, so the 1 means: autofocus list when the tree was selected
... 7?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

kbleft

Post by kbleft »

"Bit wise value" - of course! It went right over my head when I read it the first time.

Thanks.