Safely remove multiple selected drives in one step

Features wanted...
Jerry

Safely remove multiple selected drives in one step

Post by Jerry »

This may be another wish particular to just my workflow, but I work with a lot of removable drives which I attach and unattach. And currently in Windows, AFAIK and however you do it (short of a script and SDK), it's a cumbersome process to remove say, 5 drives. You have to do it at one at a time with a lot of wait in between by right clicking on that icon in the system tray and selecting each drive to remove.

So, therefore, I would love to see a function in XYplorer that can bring up a list of all your attached drives, let you check off multiple ones and click a button to safely remove the checked ones in one step. And of course, get notification at the end of which drives could not be removed due to open handles. Perhaps just a menu-item on the file list context menu which will safely remove whatever drives are selected in the drive list.

Just having a script command to safely remove one drive at a time would be sufficient for my needs as I can then incorporate that in a script with a selection from the drives file list.

If anybody knows of a way to do this currently within Windows itself, please enlighten me.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.