Absolutely glad I found it!

Say it if you mean it...
n2tpa

Absolutely glad I found it!

Post by n2tpa »

I am a hobbyist electronic designer. I needed a database to allow me to search through thousands of articles, schematic fragments, PCB layouts, and parts datasheets quickly and easily, while leaving all of my files in their native formats. I've been burned by programs that store files within a vault that needs it's own proprietary program to access, so I wanted a program that could tag files but leave them in my file structure on my drive: both the hard drive, and the thumb drive.

After a year of searching, I encountered XYPlorer. It did everything I needed and the scripting helped me automate some repetitive tasks in ways I never though of before. Sharing tags and settings between multiple drives (containing the same volume of files) is as easy as copying two files between them.

Since I purchased it, I've been evaluating other databases that are made for my application. Even though they are designed to do exactly what I need, nothing operates as easily and intuitively as XYPlorer. I'm constantly amazed at how much simpler XY is to operate than any databases designed to store disparate information.

Since discovering it, I have expanded my usage to include cataloging my family's pictures, my software library, my music, and many pieces I have written through the years. This program is as much a very flexible database as it is a file manager!

This is one of the best software investments I've ever made. :appl:

Bill