Script: Call specific help topics

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
Filehero

Re: Script: Call specific help topics

Post by Filehero »

highend wrote:Does anybody else have this issue?
Nope.

I've just realized I was still on 1.1.0, but after updating to 1.1.1 it's still working fine here (with the latest XY beta 14.80.0236).

FH

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Solved but :? For some reason I no longer have a %COMSPEC% environmental variable in my system or user control panel listing. I don't know if it's the result of a window update, something I did, or another program did. I thought it was odd that I didn't see it in the XY's listing of environmental variables. So of course that's why the following didn't work, yet the second line works fine.

Code: Select all

//run """%ComSpec%"" /C COPY /Y ""<xypath>\XYplorer.chm"" ""%TEMP%"" && CD /D ""%TEMP%"" && ""%windir%\hh.exe"" -decompile ~XY_CHM XYplorer.chm", , 2, 0;
       run """cmd"" /C COPY /Y ""<xypath>\XYplorer.chm"" ""%TEMP%"" && CD /D ""%TEMP%"" && ""%windir%\hh.exe"" -decompile ~XY_CHM XYplorer.chm", , 2, 0;
Anyway to formally recover %COMSPEC%. Obviously I can add it to the listing in the control panel, but exactly what? This machine is Windows 7, x64. Oh I suppose I can look on my laptop which is also Windows 7 x64. Thanks.
Ken
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

highend

Post by highend »

Just add that again to your environment variables.

Variable: ComSpec
Value: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

The path should be the same on both x86 and x64 systems.
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I re-added the ComSpec variable and the script is working fine. I was doing some testing of 'setx' within XY last week to add new environmental variables and to see if I could XY to recognize them and it does but only after closing it completely and then restarting. Anyway possible something went foul on me during the testing. Thanks again highend.

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Can I somehow force the window to pop up in the middle of the screen? It always comes up too far on the right side, part of it out of view, so I always have to drag it back to the center. Often I don't remember and simply dbl-click the titlebar for a max-view, then wonder why I don't get to see what I hoped for (the anchor doesn't match anymore, it seems to be tied to the scroll position which depends on the window size.

highend

Post by highend »

What are your monitor dimensions and which settings do you use in the ShowHelpFile.ini?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hey Stef123, unless you have some other issue going on, you can change size and location via the "ShowHelpFile.ini" which should be adjacent to the script file. See earlier in this thread http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... =15#p92529

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Ha, I work portable but it was set to my very hi-hi-hi-res monitor at home.
Thanks to both of you for the quick response. :tup:

jupe

Post by jupe »

Thanks for this very useful script, it deserves a bump. :wink: I had tried it previously when I first signed up to the forum and it seemed to crash XY and so I assumed because of its age something had changed in XY to make it non functional and as a newbie didn't want to pester you trying to help me get it running, so I never bothered, but now that I have tried it again and have more of an understanding of the code I can see it was probably just extracting the chm file. Anyway now after trying it again I can see it works faultlessly, so I foresee myself using it daily. Thanks. :D

highend

Post by highend »

I can see it was probably just extracting the chm file
It does it only when it detects a new XY version or when the permanent variables where cleared or if you don't have this ticked (and XY was restarted):
Configuration | General | Refresh, Icons, History | Scripting | Remember permanent variables

So normally it isn't necessary that often and even when it is, extracting the chm file doesn't require that much time...
so I foresee myself using it daily
I use it for everything that I want to look up (normally parameters of script commands) :mrgreen:

jupe

Post by jupe »

highend wrote:So normally it isn't necessary that often and even when it is, extracting the chm file doesn't require that much time...
No it doesn't take long, and I realize it only does it on those occasions, I think at the time I was running it from a slow network drive and as a newbie may have panicked that it had crashed, I can't remember exactly what happened, I probably just messed something up, but now wish that I had persisted with trying to get it going because obviously it was 100% functional at that time and still is.

highend

Post by highend »

The changes in v23.80.0104 made it necessary to release a new version^^
v1.1.3
Changed: v23.80.0104 changed the html code slightly so that we need to get
the correct part for the advanced scripting section in a slightly different way

v1.1.2
Changed: Switched to .ini & .cfg from permanent variables

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Had everything saved to the scripts folder but no luck.
After changing the ini to point to the scripts folder, the exe was looking for files in the same folder "Program Files (X86)/XYPlorer/@Tools/..." which doesn't exist on my system.
What's wrong here?
PicPick_731.jpg
PicPick_731.jpg (59.05 KiB) Viewed 814 times
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

highend

Post by highend »

Download v1.1.4,
it contains the necessary helper file (I assume that everybody uses a 64-bit Windows nowadays :)

Edit the .ini file and add this entry to the [General] section (ofc adapt the path):
RunAsUser=D:\Tools\XYplorer\@Tools\Run as user\Run as user_x64.exe

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Thanks, works again. :appl:
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)