Russian

Where developers, translators, and users meet...
DmFedorov

Re: Russian

Post by DmFedorov »

admin wrote: 29 Jul 2023 08:20 No. If the originals are smaller than the current box size, the box adjusts to the image size. Otherwise, there would be a huge border, which looks bad and obstructs the view.

Excuse me, as an ordinary user, I noted that there is a clear discrepancy. I twist the mouse wheel, the status bar in section 3 tells me that size of the image in the hover box is changing, but in fact it is not.

Before that, I received an answer: it says, my friend, turn on the option "adjust size" and you will be happy. I don't know why I need to enable this option at all. In principle, everything should work without it. In addition, an ico file differs from a regular image file only in that it has a lot of images, a lot of icons.
When solving even a very simple question, there can be a lot of nuances and it is better not to discuss them, because I will not be able to take into account all the nuances.

My first task is to inform you that there is a clear blunder, and if it is not so, then write to me that it is not so.

-------------------
DmFedorov wrote: 27 Jul 2023 12:34 Chm; idh_settings.htm
Hold SHIFT to increase the effect by ten times: 100 pixels per notch.
Addition:
Chm; idh_short.htm (Hover Box)

B Cycle Background color
D Reset to Default size (500 x 500)
F Cycle image Frame
I Toggle Icon display
O Cycle sort Order
P Toggle show Photo data
R Cycle scrolling/scaling (think "Roll")
S Cycle Status display
W Toggle Word wrap
Numpad Add (or Wheel Up) Increase size by 10 pixels
Numpad Subtract (or Wheel Down) Decrease size by 10 pixels

in tip to Hover box button in Reference_8.169.lng
we have other stuff:

F1 - This message box

B - Cycle background color
C - Copy image to clipboard
D - Reset to default size
F - Cycle image frame
I - Toggle icon display
K - Toggle key scrolling
L - Toggle scrolling
O - Cycle sort order
P - Toggle show photo data
R - Toggle resizing
S - Cycle status display
T - Cycle transparency background
W - Toggle word wrap
Z - Zoom to fit

Numpad Add (or Wheel Up) - Increase size by 8 pixels
Numpad Subtract (or Wheel Down) - Decrease size by 8 pixels
Hold down SHIFT to make it 64 pixels

Space - Select item
Ctrl+Space - Toggle selection

no items C, K, T, Z. Item R is different, and plus to that 8 pixels and 10 pixels

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, the Help was out of date here. Thanks!
DmFedorov wrote: 30 Jul 2023 02:26 Excuse me, as an ordinary user, I noted that there is a clear discrepancy. I twist the mouse wheel, the status bar in section 3 tells me that size of the image in the hover box is changing, but in fact it is not.
Okay, can be fixed by wording:
OLD: hover box image size set to ...
NEW: hover box max size set to ...

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

Russian_8.170.lng
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
Remarks:

1) mistake: subsection name Dark mode must be Tree path tracing
06.1154= lbl. tag:01|=|Dark mode|--|=|Тёмный режим
this is tag to
06.1155=(0261)lbl.caption:01|Wi&dth of trace in pixels|--|Ши&рина следа в пикселях

by searching (Jump to Setting...) in configuration "Width of trace in pixels" subsection name is Dark mode, but in configuration this is "Tree path tracing" subsection

2) Status Bar3 after H-key in Hover Box: "show real path" and "show special path"
All is ok, but i have translated this as
real path in status section
special path in status section

Reason: Without such translation I should know by heart that it is about the status section of the Hover box (and to see the change I must first press the S key until the status section does not show the path).
Last edited by DmFedorov on 09 Aug 2023 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, and thanks for the remarks. Later...

:!!: You appended Reference_8.170.lng instead of Russian_8.170.lng.

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

admin wrote: 09 Aug 2023 17:14 :!!: You appended Reference_8.170.lng instead of Russian_8.170.lng.
now it is Russian_8.170.lng

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:tup:

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

idh_mentools.htm
Adjust the folder tree to your preferences: Show Icons, Show Expansion Icons, Show Lines, Solid Lines, Mark Favorites (Bold), Narrow Tree, Rename On Slow Double-Click, Apply Highlighting, Full Row Select, Tree Path Tracing, Recent Location Pins, Lock Expansion State, Show Section Colors.

missed "Lock Tree" after Lock Expansion State.

Below this paragraph there are lines describing all the items, including Lock Tree, but missing item "Mark Favorites (Bold)"

---------------
idh_scripting_comref.htm
SC interfaceColors
in description we have only Type0 and Type1
but below we have Remarks and Examples for type 1 and for type 2

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DmFedorov wrote: 09 Aug 2023 12:28 2) Status Bar3 after H-key in Hover Box: "show real path" and "show special path"
All is ok, but i have translated this as
real path in status section
special path in status section
I like it and change it like that.

And thanks for the other hints. :tup:

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

Russian_8.171.lng
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
Not found in UI:
ms.0678=01|Copy Both Paths{menuitem}|--|Копировать оба пути

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks!

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

In v24.90.0104 I checked gleider:
1. I couldn't translate gleider. I had to leave it in the form of gleider in Russian letters. But in Russian (and I think in all languages) this is a very narrow concept, which is available only to those who are in constant contact with it. This is either an image that game lovers have, or mathematicians, who consider it in their narrow aspect. As far as I remember you have Floating Preview but no concept of floating toolbar.

2. when this small panel appears on hover to the left or right of the tree node, but nothing is selected in the file panel, then the button icons are inactive and there is no hint like "the panel buttons are inactive because you have not selected anything in the file panel"

3. when I press a button on the gleider panel with a right click, the button performs an action, although intuitively a person after a right click expects that this will not happen.

4. When I make a copy using the gleider panel it is very hard to remember which folder the action was applied to, because this action is done on the tree, and it changes all the time, and it would be very nice to highlight the folders (where something was moved or copied using the gleider panel) in the tree for a while. The only way to find out where I wanted to copy something and see the result is through the action log. The result may not be what I expect: There may be name conflicts, automatic renaming, and it may be impossible to perform an action.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Take English "glider" then, it's trademarked anyway :)

The other remarks should better go to the glider thread so other people can see it.

eil

Post by eil »

DmFedorov wrote: 04 Sep 2023 12:52 In v24.90.0104 I checked gleider:
1. I couldn't translate gleider. I had to leave it in the form of gleider in Russian letters. But in Russian (and I think in all languages) this is a very narrow concept, which is available only to those who are in constant contact with it. This is either an image that game lovers have, or mathematicians, who consider it in their narrow aspect. As far as I remember you have Floating Preview but no concept of floating toolbar.
Accidentally noticed this and i feel that for some reason you seem to understood the word wrongly - glider is a light kind of plane(планер), often without the motor, gliding means "скользить/парить". If actually trying to find a translated version, i'd call it either directly "планер меню" by association to light plane = light menu, or "скользящее меню"/"парящее меню".
Eventually simple transcription "глайдер меню" may work too.
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

eil wrote: 05 Sep 2023 20:07 Eventually simple transcription "глайдер меню" may work too.
Thank you for participating in the thread.

The author has made a pretty accurate definition of what a Glider is:
+++ The Glider: You move the mouse over the area in the tree to the left of the nodes, and for each node the Glider, a floating mini toolbar, magically appears, offering the two most basic file management buttons: Copy and Move (and optionally one or two other buttons).
First of all, Glider is not a menu, it's a panel (toolbar or bar).
Why it's not just called floating toolbar is also clear to me. The idea was that this toolbar should appear and pop up when clicking both to the left and to the right of the tree node. The appearance of the panel (with or without an arrow) should have depended on the click location. I.e. the appearance of the panel would change (as in a math game where the term came from) depending on how much free space was available after clicking to the left or right of a tree node.
(in other words, I don’t see any associative connection with the words планирующий скользящий or парящий, because the word floating reflects the meaning more accurately. I see an associative connection only with the source of the term, with a mathematical game, where the reaction always depends on the previous condition. And that’s why I think the use of such a term is too sophisticated)

My problem with the translation was only that such an association is known to too narrow a circle of people and therefore, apart from the sounding name, does not make any sense to the average user.
I don't like to make my own translation of terms. It seemed to me that the two-word concept 'floating toolbar' reflects the meaning quite well, although not so sonorous and concise. At the same time, it seemed to me that this little problem applies to all languages.
For now, I've decided to go with the Глайдер translation option, even though it's not as common as Printer and Scanner or Spoiler.

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

v24.90.0124 - 2023-09-14 12:48
! Info Panel | Raw View | Orange Button Menu | Resolve Links: Unchecking the toggle
when a link target was displayed in Extract Text mode did not update the raw view to
show the LNK file itself. Fixed.
Now here checking the toggle (when selected lnk-file is text file) shows target - content of text file.

But if there is another lnk-file nearby that references a folder, then selecting that file and then re-selecting the previous lnk file that references the text, causes that contents of the text file will not be shown, but in info section will be shown: Target is not a file (information that previously was shown for the previous lnk-file)

Create a shortcut to any text file in the special Links folder and select the two lnk files sequentially and you will see it.
(but if the previous file is, for example, just a plain text desktop.ini file, you won't see it).