Session Manager [v7.00]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (tabsets and layout)

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
elbitjusticiero

Re: Session Manager [v7.00]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (tabsets and layout)

Post by elbitjusticiero »

I think this bug has something to do with the status of the XYplorer window (maximized or not), because after maximizing or restoring the window, the error ceased to appear.

autocart

Re: Session Manager [v7.00]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (tabsets and layout)

Post by autocart »

Hi Flux,
Just a tiny observation:

The installation snippet in the first post seems to be outdated.
Instead of

Code: Select all

Snip: CTB 1
  XYplorer 11.60.0207, 05.10.2012 17:30:00
Action
  NewUserButton
Name
  Session Manager
Icon
  :tabsets
ScriptL
  load "SessionManager.xys";
ScriptR

FireClick
I assume it should be

Code: Select all

Snip: CTB 1
  XYplorer 19.90.0112, 18.4.2023 12:30:00
Action
  NewUserButton
Name
  Session Manager [Ctrl: Switch - Alt: Reset - Shift: QuickSave - C+A: LayoutReset - A+S: LoadFavorite - C+A+S: LayoutSwitch]
Icon
  text:‹ Tabsets ›
ScriptL
  load "SessionManager.xys";
ScriptR

ScriptM

FireClick
I noticed it especially because of the icon template. The old snippet initially loads with the briefcase icon. But the icon all of a sudden changes to the text version, once I start using the tool. This can be quite confusing for a beginner.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi everyone! ☼

@WirlyWirly & @elbitjusticiero
I couldn’t check (wasn’t online), but glad the problems were only temporary!

@WirlyWirly
Thanks to your incentive, I narrowed down the speed issue to the way “subs” are processed by XYplorer.
I had already noticed it when making optimizations for v7.00, but I didn’t realize how much impact they had on the session loading itself.
I made a Feature Request, waiting for Don’s feedback on this.
Fingers crossed… 8)

———————————————————————————

@cwq23us
cwq23us wrote: 08 Jan 2023 20:52 I'd like the Info pane to focus on the Properties tab when I reset the session. Can I do that?
Previously it used to focus on the "Preview" tab all the time. Now it just stays focused on whatever tab is focused when I reset.[…]
Or can I make it an official feature request?
Well, I’m always open to suggestions, and I understand the need… But “correctly” adding more options for the info panel would mean taking into account its 8 tabs—which seems a little overkill right now… ;)
So, in the meantime, klownboy’s answer is the way to go indeed.

BTW for whoever might be interested, the info panel opening on Preview (or other if #1023 is replaced) needs this option checked:
   Options > Layouts: Activate Preview When Loading Layout Session with Info Panel Visible

———————————————————————————

@autocart
Indeed, the button change is confusing, thanks for the feedback.
I updated the first post with your code (even saw you wrote XYplorer minimum session requirement—great attention to detail! :appl: )