OLE Drag & Drop Dual Monitor XY Select Wrong App

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Zardoz2293

OLE Drag & Drop Dual Monitor XY Select Wrong App

Post by Zardoz2293 »

Setup:

Dual monitor. Primary #1 (right), Secondary #2 (left). Application maximized on #2 is in the background performing a task (i.e., modal dialog). WinRAR on #2 foreground with WindowState=Normal. XY on #1 with drag-n-drop (DND) to WinRAR on #2 always results in selecting the maximized background application to exchange the OLE data resulting in the "This action cannot be completed because the other application is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy application and correct the problem." -- Occurs 100% of the time using the above procedure.
App busy message on dual monitor DND and selects wrong app for drop.
App busy message on dual monitor DND and selects wrong app for drop.
19.png (19.53 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
References: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240809 - OLERequestPendingTimeout
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

Xtruth

Re: OLE Drag & Drop Dual Monitor XY Select Wrong App

Post by Xtruth »

This happens when I open a folder containing more than 100 video files and the view is on thumbnail
I searched the whole internet but it didn't work

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Which version of XY?

Xtruth

Post by Xtruth »

admin wrote: 08 Mar 2023 15:16 Which version of XY?
My problem is solved
But the way that my problem was solved was not found anywhere on the internet, in fact it was the opposite of the solutions mentioned on the internet!

In most sites, to solve this problem, they say that you should turn off or delete the file explorer thumbnail and other similar things

But after their solutions didn't work, I did the opposite, that is, first I allowed file explorer to create all the thumbnails of the video, photo, gif, etc. then I opened the xyplorer program, and I saw that the problem was completely solved. And the thumbnails were created very quickly (maybe it copied the Windows thumbnails) and I don't get that error anymore.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

They are in the cache now, and XY pulls them from there. But they won't stay there forever...

Xtruth

Post by Xtruth »

admin wrote: 17 Mar 2023 11:24 They are in the cache now, and XY pulls them from there. But they won't stay there forever...
When the cache is made in the way I said, does setting the cache quality in thumbnails/quality on "smooth" increase the quality of the thumbnail?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, that quality setting refers to creating the thumbnails, not to displaying them.

Xtruth

Post by Xtruth »

admin wrote: 19 Mar 2023 08:56 No, that quality setting refers to creating the thumbnails, not to displaying them.
Many times I allowed xyplorer to create thumbnail cache of files, but I always get the following error when the number of files in a folder is large (for example, more than 100 video files):

"this action cannot be completed because the other application is busy"

I searched the whole internet, I have read and tested several articles here about this error, but it still didn't work

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The message comes when you trigger another process (usually by mouse or keyboard) while the ShellImageFactory is creating (not from cache) a thumbnail.

If you're not keying or clicking, it might be the Hover Box from moving the mouse. So: Do you also get that message when you disable the Hover Box? (Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box | Show Hover Box)

Xtruth

Post by Xtruth »

admin wrote: 19 Mar 2023 13:59 The message comes when you trigger another process (usually by mouse or keyboard) while the ShellImageFactory is creating (not from cache) a thumbnail.

If you're not keying or clicking, it might be the Hover Box from moving the mouse. So: Do you also get that message when you disable the Hover Box? (Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box | Show Hover Box)
When I was involved in this problem, I deleted the program, deleted the data folder of the program and reinstalled the program, then the first thing I did was go to the two folders that gave the error and it gave the error again, that is, when the program It had default settings and the hover box option was disabled, but it gave the same error

Now the two folders that gave that error have been deleted. Now I tested on some other folders that contained nearly 300 photos, it didn't give that error, but those two folders that contained a combination of video files in different formats (ts and mp4) And there were about 100 to 300 regular files in it, it was regularizing that error

Now, unfortunately, it cannot be tested anymore because those files do not exist
If I receive that error again on another folder, I will reply to your message
Thank you admin