multiple Move-To keyboard shortcuts for separate Directory

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
arMoore

multiple Move-To keyboard shortcuts for separate Directory

Post by arMoore »

We have a shared-folder that everyone submit their file to. My task at the end of the day is quite simple, review hundreds of these then sort them to appropriate folder according to their level of priority. I used to manually [right click > cut] then [right click > paste] the nice thing about xyplorer is that I can use Keyboard Shortcuts for [Move To...] function. Since I have [Folder 01, Folder 02, Folder 03, Folder 04, Folder 05, Folder 06] to move these files to, the [Move To...] function gives me a list of these [Folders 01-06] every time I hit [Shift+F7] Is it possible to have designated Shortcuts for each folder instead of choosing it from the list?

let say hit:

[F1] to move a file to [Folder 01]
[F2] to move a file to [Folder 02]
[F3] to move a file to [Folder 03]
[F4] to move a file to [Folder 04]
[F5] to move a file to [Folder 05]
[F6] to move a file to [Folder 06]

nas8e9

Re: multiple Move-To keyboard shortcuts for separate Directo

Post by nas8e9 »

arMoore wrote:We have a shared-folder that everyone submit their file to. My task at the end of the day is quite simple, review hundreds of these then sort them to appropriate folder according to their level of priority. I used to manually [right click > cut] then [right click > paste] the nice thing about xyplorer is that I can use Keyboard Shortcuts for [Move To...] function. Since I have [Folder 01, Folder 02, Folder 03, Folder 04, Folder 05, Folder 06] to move these files to, the [Move To...] function gives me a list of these [Folders 01-06] every time I hit [Shift+F7] Is it possible to have designated Shortcuts for each folder instead of choosing it from the list?

let say hit:

[F1] to move a file to [Folder 01]
[F2] to move a file to [Folder 02]
[F3] to move a file to [Folder 03]
[F4] to move a file to [Folder 04]
[F5] to move a file to [Folder 05]
[F6] to move a file to [Folder 06]
Hi and welcome,

Absolutely! In general, you can reassign almost any key combination through Tools > Customize Keyboard Shortcuts. For the task you describe, User-Defined Commands should be just the thing; they're described in XYplorer's help file.

Do let us know if you need further pointers.