SCRIPTER request! lol

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
SkyFrontier

SCRIPTER request! lol

Post by SkyFrontier »

Hi, people.
Scripts Library has almost 7000 views in 41 days (I doubt the same 165 individuals visit it each and every day, and even if that's the case, it may probably being useful to them since the whole thing started).

I may have some spare time to play with within the next few days (after finishing some personal/professional business first) and now I will have time to fully revise nearly each and every script available, making notes on flaws and tagging them on a per-version basis against compatibility.

I strongly believe that this is a very useful tool to all community (current and future users) for both learning and development (I guess this is what "Forum for XYplorer Users and Developers" is about, huh?), and although I'm not inclined to write scripts myself, I wrote a few by doing lame copy and paste and a bit of thinking (which has several limitations, as you can see here, for example). There are certainly more competent people out there that will certainly learn by example, out of such organizational labor, at least.

So
-I urge one scripter to join me in the revision task of broken scripts, I'm able to test and pinpoint some troubles, making it easier for such person to fix what's wrong;
-I also have some script ideas (spread all over the script forum under the tag "script request", majorly) which I've tried to build myself, but - failed. Some may be useful for another person or two, and may be simple stuff to accomplish - requiring majorly *good will* (besides scripting abilities, of course... :wink: ) to put them together;
-and more ideas may come out of user's minds, requiring just a kind of "Scripting Lab" to let them grow by seeing such readiness over here in forums. We may even can think of a reward (rank promotion?) to scripter/script team, tag scripts done thru such initiative, what about?
-regularity is key.
PM me if you want to join in and discuss details.
Thank you!
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...