Website and Help Typos

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Website and Help Typos

Post by admin »

Rename File is found on that page. I will add "(Floating Preview)" to the keyword.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Don, I'm not sure if you had noticed this Help file issue here viewtopic.php?p=201194#p201194 since it was mentioned in the Scripting section.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Hi Don
Since the recent changes in the wording of this (basically the addition of "easily") the last line feed ended up in an unfortunate position.
PicPick_709.jpg
PicPick_709.jpg (25.45 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Right. I inserted a manual line break before it now.

jupe

Post by jupe »

A couple minor things if your interested, SC recase definition has a curly opening bracket for {flags] and also SC count isn't in its alphabetic order position in the Scripting Commands Reference index, it is just tacked on the end of the C section.

Additionally not sure if it is required or not but for SC controlatpos and controlposition, the default value of [flags] isn't identified, although it can be inferred from the examples.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Alright, thanks.

:info: BTW, the current Help files is too fat. Much too fat. And it's getting fatter with each release. I think it should be called "Technical Manual" and there should be another file called "Using XYplorer" (or so), maybe around 50 pages, written in good native English. If anyone here feels bored and inspired: I would even pay for it. :ugeek:

highend

Post by highend »

Code: Select all

Offer to extract items from the currently selected zip file:

zip_extract (, "", inputselect("Check Items to extract to current folder", replace(zip_list2(, "|", 0), "<tab>", ""), "|", 11,,,, "<curitem>"), "|");
First: Please remove the space between zip_extract and the opening parenthesis
zip_extract(
instead of
zip_extract (
The current way breaks my syntax highlighting generator parser :)

Additionally, any clue why the help file doesn't display the underscore between zip and extract??
1.png
1.png (3.65 KiB) Viewed 943 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I can see the underscore in my Help. :?

GreetingsFromPoland

Post by GreetingsFromPoland »

In Help / Advanced Topics / Scripting Commands Reference is it possible to add a mini-index or section by letter for the commands ? This is very hard to read.
Image-005.png
Image-005.png (27.03 KiB) Viewed 928 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's alphabetical. I don't find it too hard.

GreetingsFromPoland

It is very difficult to read and follow. I don't see other alphabetical indexes presented this way. I suggest similar to this, top to bottom instead of squeezed left to right :

------------------------------------------------
All Commands
(can be displayed as they currently are)
------------------------------------------------
A
abs
ageclasses
B
backupto
base64decode
C
catalogexecute
catalogload

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Give highend's ShowHelpTopic script a try viewtopic.php?p=82518#p82518. It provides a vertical listing of Scripting Commands and much more.

Or, if you simply want scripting commands try this script. Originally from fishgod. You would have to update the $cmds variable when new scripting commands are added.

"Script Help"
  //copied the list from scripting-commands help page (except for gpc, which needs to be changed to function as an alias)
  $cmds = "abs, ageclasses, appicon, asc, assert, attrstamp, automaxcolumn, autosizecolumns, backupto, base64decode, base64encode, beep, box, br, break, button, buttonset, catalogexecute, catalogload, catalogreport, ceil, charview, chr, colorfilter, columnlayout, compare, confirm, continue, controlatpos, controlposition, copier, copy, copyas, copydata, copyitem, copytext, copyto, ctbicon, ctbname, ctbstate, count, dark, datediff, datepicker, dectohex, delete, dlog, download, echo, editconf, end, eval, exists, exit, explode, extracttext, extratag, favs, filesequal, filesize, filetime, filetype, filter, flattenfolder, floor, focus, folderreport, foldersize, font, format, formatbytes, formatdate, formatlist, fresh, freshhere, get, getkey, getpathcomponent, gpc|getpathcomponent, getsectionlist, gettoken, gettokenindex, ghost, global, goto, hash, hashlist, hex, hexdump, hextodec, highlight, html, id3tag, implode, incr, indexatpos, input, inputfile, inputfolder, inputselect, internetflags, isset, isunicode, itematpos, lax, listfolder, listpane, llog, load, loadlayout, loadsearch, loadsettings, loadtree, logon, makecoffee, md5, middletruncation, moveas, moveto, msg, new, newwindow, now, obfuscate, open, openwith, outputfile, paperfolder, pasteto, patchimage, pathreal, pathvirtual, perm, popupcontextmenu, popupmainmenu, popupmenu, popupnativecontextmenu, popupnested, posatpos, property, quickfileview, quicksearch, quote, rand, readfile, readonly, readonlyhere, readpv, readurl, readurlutf8, recase, refreshlist, regexmatches, regexreplace, releaseglobals, rename, renameitem, replace, replacelist, report, resolvepath, return, rotate, round, rtfm, run, runq, runret, savesettings, savethumb, searchtemplate, sel, selectitems, selectthumbs, self, selfilter, seltab, set, setcolumns, seticons, setkey, setlayout, setthumb, setting, settingp, shellopen, showhash, showintree, showstatus, skipundo, slog, sortby, sortbylist, sound, status, statusbartemplate, step, strlen, strpos, strrepeat, strreverse, sub, substr, swapnames, sync, syncselect, tab, tabset, tag, tagexport, tagitems, taglist, tagload, text, thumbscacherename, thumbsconf, timestamp, toolbar, topindex, trayballoon, trim, unset, unstep, update, urldecode, urlencode, utf8decode, utf8encode, view, wait, wipe, writefile, writepv, zip_add, zip_extract, zip_list2";
  $cmd = inputselect("Select Scripting Command", $cmds, ", ", 32 /*autoselect*/ +64 /*listdata has fields*/ +1024 /*focus filter box*/,,350,800);
  rtfm 'idh_scripting_comref.htm#idh_sc_'.$cmd;

GreetingsFromPoland

klownboy wrote: 06 Nov 2022 14:45 Give highend's ShowHelpTopic script a try viewtopic.php?p=82518#p82518. It provides a vertical listing of Scripting Commands and much more.
Thank you ! This is very useful and helpful.
I also use HH to decompile the help file and reformat the top section of idh_scripting_comref.htm (before I read your reply). It is easier for me to read.

Thank you again ! The script you posted is also useful too.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Don, there's an editorial error in the Scripting Commands Reference for "setthumb". #510 should be #501 as it is in the examples.
· Updating the map file does not automatically update the thumbnails cache nor the currently shown thumbnails. If you want to see an immediate effect you have to call #510 (View | Caches | Refresh Thumbnails):
setthumb 2:="XYthumbsMap.txt"; #501; //set map file + refresh thumbnails
setthumb 2:=""; #501; //reset map file + refresh thumbnails

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:tup: