I should have gotten it sooner!

Say it if you mean it...
Navitron

I should have gotten it sooner!

Post by Navitron »

I thought over on how I should write this but I guess I'll just say it straight up. I have been using a pirated XYplorer for over a year now.

I've never payed for software besides PC games since I was 12 when I first started using computers, how could I as a kid with no allowance. That changed in the last few months when I started growing a internet or rather a software developer conscience. How could I have this awesome program running 24/7 and probably saving me hundreds of hours of time, but not acknowledge the programmer/s that worked so hard on it. I'm 22 have a job and can afford it, old habits die hard I guess. Along with XYplorer and other programs I cant live without that I used to pirate, I now can proudly (albeit shamefully) say I've purchased them all.

That felt good to get off my chest and not have my conscience eating away at me. To the XY devs thank you for making this great software and I'm truly sorry :cry: for not compensating you for your hard work for so long.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: I should have gotten it sooner!

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Navitron wrote:Along with XYplorer and other programs I cant live without that I used to pirate, I now can proudly (albeit shamefully) say I've purchased them all.
Hi and welcome to the XY forums!

As one of the forum regulars, I do REALLY wish more people would buy XY instead of using a pirate copy and so I'd thank you for buying it, even at this late date...and I think the other program suppliers would agree ....and hope you purchased the XY Lifetime License as you know how often XY gets updated!
Navitron wrote:That felt good to get off my chest and not have my conscience eating away at me. To the XY devs thank you for making this great software and I'm truly sorry :cry: for not compensating you for your hard work for so long.
You said "XY devs"...well, technically there is only ONE developer and that is Don...the rest of us are just users...some of us much more active than most, but still users...and we devote our efforts to helping Don when we can for the reward of making XY better for us and others.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Navitron

Post by Navitron »

Thanks for the welcome and I did grab the XY lifetime license.

I'll stick around and hope I can contribute as well.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Navitron wrote:Thanks for the welcome and I did grab the XY lifetime license.

Congrats and welcome to XYplorer.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Navitron wrote:Thanks for the welcome and I did grab the XY lifetime license.

Found out that Navitron was on Leo Laporte's TwitLive IRC chat when he sent me a PM and we had a nice little chat....I suggested that he write some nice reviews on various sites and get friends to buy it also, which he said he'd do...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So I'm finally trickling down into the underground. :) Thanks, Navitron!