Thanking j_c_hallgren for 3 years of support

Post by admin »

02 January -- j_c_hallgren day! :D

Don

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: Thanking j_c_hallgren for 3 years of support

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Gee! My first reaction is :D but also :oops: !

Thus...a big THANKS to you, Don, and others here for providing a welcoming and caring community that led me to spend hundreds of hours attempting to do my best to aid a product and a developer that should be the model for how things are done! Huge congrat's to you, Don!

When I first began posting here, I would never have thought that I would have gotten this involved in something that doesn't benefit me financially...but it does provide me great satisfaction in seeing a product develop to be more useful, not only to me, but others, and thus prosper.

I'll be the first to admit that some of my posts look a bit silly to me in long hindsight, but I'm sure others feel the same as well...now, I generally try and be as positive as possible, since I think everyone reacts better to compliments than complaints, and yes, Don and I have had our differences and some are still thus, though most all have been resolved, sometimes via the intervention of other valued users here...Hey, even DP seems now possible!

I'd really like to thank jacky for his support here as well...that's not to say many others aren't as valuable (you are!), but...he does come in 3rd in post count here at least, and that wiki! Fabulous! And jacky has left me WAY behind in the dust when it comes to scripting as well. :lol:

Let's just say that I hope one day to meet Don on Cape Cod at my cottages, where he can relax a bit and thus be ready to handle the demands of us users who keep pestering him for this feature and that tweak! :roll:

Hope that my support has helped to make Don some money and more in the future!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

Heyyy!

:D :D :D Happy birthday, J_C! :D :D :D

Quite a long time, quite a number of posts, and quite a lot of work!

JustinF

Post by JustinF »

Happy j_c_hallgren day!

Thanks to you (and to everyone else who spends gobs of time on here) for helping the rest of us out and for running interference for Don so he can concentrate on making XY the great app that it is!
Justin
Windows 7 Professional

graham

Post by graham »

Congrats from me too!

This XY thing is addictive, the program is great but the forum activity is equally great and you provide input that keeps every one in check - well done!

avsfan

Post by avsfan »

Nice Job, J_C -- Thanks for all you do on this forum!

I think we joined about the same time, and I'm almost keeping up with you in post count! :)

Tamil

Post by Tamil »

Congratulations! 8)

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Wow! Congrats JC. Great support from you.

Linkaday
Location: Hamburg, Germany - Win 10 Home v22H2 x64 1920x1080 (100%)

Post by Linkaday »

THANKS for spending THAT much time here! You always succeeded in reminding me that there is chance for mankind to develop by civilization :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To do a little justice to all the other incredible members in this forum, here is page full of XY hardcorers:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/memberlist ... &sk=d&sd=d

I think I'm really blessed with an excellent club. :D

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:To do a little justice to all the other incredible members in this forum, here is page full of XY hardcorers:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/memberlist ... &sk=d&sd=d

I think I'm really blessed with an excellent club. :D
110% agree! That's why in my original post, I said:
I'd really like to thank jacky for his support here as well...that's not to say many others aren't as valuable (you are!), but...he does come in 3rd in post count here at least, and that wiki! Fabulous! And jacky has left me WAY behind in the dust when it comes to scripting as well. :lol:
And we have one user (serendipity) who shows on that list twice as he switched ID's along the way, so his total combined post count is quite significant.

I most definitely appreciate the work of the others who are on the top 25+ of the post count tots as does Don. That's a good part of reason why I spend so much time here!

Now if I only could contact some of these members via Skype voice to have a real "chat", it'd be ideal and make my day!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Pagat

Post by Pagat »

j_c_hallgren wrote:I most definitely appreciate the work of the others who are on the top 25+ of the post count tots as does Don.
damn.. i'm only #26 :P

but let me also add that i like it here very much. Excellent filemanager meets excellect board :)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Pagat wrote:damn.. i'm only #26 :P
That's why I put the "+" plus...and...you're actually #25 since serendipity/surrender is one user. :wink:

Maybe you need to post more often? :lol:

avsfan

Post by avsfan »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
Pagat wrote:damn.. i'm only #26 :P
That's why I put the "+" plus...and...you're actually #25 since serendipity/surrender is one user. :wink:

Maybe you need to post more often? :lol:
JC: are you trying to turn this into a competition???? :D

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

avsfan wrote:JC: are you trying to turn this into a competition???? :D
:roll: NO way! Not at all! Just suggesting that if Pagat felt omitted because I said 25+ and he was #26, he could move up the tote board by making more contributions, that's all...we can certainly use more input from the user group represented by those in the 10's-20's on that seq list.

I have never thought of this as a competition, and actually feel just a tiny bit :oops: that I'm #2...I didn't intend it that way, but I am always willing to respond, and have the time to do so, thus I do often...