Double Click address bar text

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
eurytos

Double Click address bar text

Post by eurytos »

Double clicking the address bar text is not selecting all when there is a space, '-', or a number before the '\'

examples:
\\da-app06\c$\blahfolder\etc
only selects \c$\blahfolder\etc
or
\\da
or
app06

c:\program files\xyplorer
only selects files\xyplorer
or
c:\program

I will append here if I find more.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Double Click address bar text

Post by admin »

Works fine here! :?

graham

Post by graham »

I can confirm the bug as reported

using v39

amazing speed with searches

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Confirmed. It's somehow corrupted by "Auto-complete path/file names". Damn the shell -- do I really have to do everything myself? :wink:

I'll find a way to stop this misbehavior...

eurytos

Post by eurytos »

admin wrote:Confirmed. It's somehow corrupted by "Auto-complete path/file names". Damn the shell -- do I really have to do everything myself? :wink:

Only if you want it done correctly :)

eurytos

Post by eurytos »

Should this issue be fixed by:
! Address Bar: Automatic word breaking (dbl-click selection, moving
cursor with CTRL) did not work okay when "Auto-complete path/file
names" was on. Fixed.
I am still having issues but they have improved.
initially I had this:
examples:
only selects \c$\blahfolder\etc
or
\\da
or
app06

c:\program files\xyplorer
only selects files\xyplorer
or
c:\program
Now it is behaving like this:
examples:
only selects da-app06\\
or
c$\
or
blahfolder\
or
etc

c:\program files\xyplorer\
only selects xyplorer\
or
c:
or
program files\

It appears to not connect anything seperated by a '\'

edit: I also unchecked everything under 'Auto-complete path/file names' with same results.

I will try on a clean install and see if I get anything different.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Addess Bar should break words at these 4 chars: \:?|
Has been like that since years.
If it does not do this: blame it on the shell auto complete.
If you want different chars: explain why.

eurytos

Post by eurytos »

Sorry,

You are correct, it is splitting the address bar the same way it used to and I do not have any requests/reasons for any additional chars.

I got thrown off because the first click in the address bar used to select all and now it doesn't. Instead of creating another thread I will go ahead and put my wish here...

Any chance for an ini tweak to bring back the select all behavior on the first click?

:)

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

eurytos wrote:Any chance for an ini tweak to bring back the select all behavior on the first click?

And to be honest, I kind of preferred that behavior as well, so seconded. ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:
eurytos wrote:Any chance for an ini tweak to bring back the select all behavior on the first click?

And to be honest, I kind of preferred that behavior as well, so seconded. ;)
No problem. I would make that even an option in config because I think it's a very important usage decision (because I hate it :wink: ).

But let's collect more of these tiny wishes.

Muroph

Post by Muroph »

and how about triple clicking to select all?
i like that in firefox.
My shared scripts:
TeraCopy Integration, Tag Manager, Comments Menu, Text Replacer, Image and Media Tools, Checksum Calculator, Video Calculator
only 5 URLs are allowed on the sig...

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

admin wrote:But let's collect more of these tiny wishes.
I think every tiny wish I've come up with can't happen because of the shell list, and is thus not actually a tiny wish. :(

Any chance we could have Ctrl+Backspace (which currently makes a null character) or Ctrl+Shift+Backspace remove an entire level of the address? Or even just from the cursor to the first "\" left of the cursor? I could hack that together previously using Ctrl+Shift+Left -> Backspace, but now that's not even possible.

I have a feeling that shell list is going to make me a very unhappy camper for the next few major releases. :?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:
I think every tiny wish I've come up with can't happen because of the shell list, and is thus not actually a tiny wish. :(

Any chance we could have Ctrl+Backspace (which currently makes a null character) or Ctrl+Shift+Backspace remove an entire level of the address? Or even just from the cursor to the first "\" left of the cursor? I could hack that together previously using Ctrl+Shift+Left -> Backspace, but now that's not even possible.

I have a feeling that shell list is going to make me a very unhappy camper for the next few major releases. :?
Ctrl+Backspace in Edit boxes is quite a topic in the web. See e.g.:
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archi ... 95501.aspx

Don't worry about SHAutoComplete (internal name of the shell list) -- I'll substitute it soon...

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

admin wrote:
TheQwerty wrote:

So I see.. and I suppose since (according to that) it lacks mention in the API you probably have absolutely no control. That's a shame, as it really turns out to be incredibly useful to remove full levels from the path.

I did hack together a solution in AHK, but now that Ctrl+(Shift+)Left uses spaces, etc. for word separators it has to loop and check the current selection, so it really isn't a nice method.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:
admin wrote:
TheQwerty wrote:

So I see.. and I suppose since (according to that) it lacks mention in the API you probably have absolutely no control. That's a shame, as it really turns out to be incredibly useful to remove full levels from the path.

I did hack together a solution in AHK, but now that Ctrl+(Shift+)Left uses spaces, etc. for word separators it has to loop and check the current selection, so it really isn't a nice method.
I will try to add it.

Did you know that all edit boxes support Ctrl+Del (delete from here to end of line)? I found out yesterday. It's built into the Windows Edit control. So you can do Ctrl+Shift+Left and then Ctrl+Del.