Thumnails not visible

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
MrAnalogy

Thumnails not visible

Post by MrAnalogy »

I Win Exploder I can View |Thumbnails.

In XY 7.60 .bmp files (for example_ dont show a thumbnail preview as described in the help file:
http://www.xyplorer.com/images/shots/thumbnails.jpg

I've tried setting:
View | Current Tab | Views | Details with Thumbnails

I just get empty rectangles. I've tried waiting a few minutes to see if they "load" but they don't. Wazzzup?

Any ideas?
Software company owner

serendipity

Re: Thumnails not visible

Post by serendipity »

Maybe your GDI+ is corrupted.
Goto Tools>Configuration>Thumbnails and uncheck "Superfast thumnail creation". What happens then?

MrAnalogy

Solved

Post by MrAnalogy »

Unchecked that and restarted XY. Resolved the problem. Thanks. For YEARS I assumed XY just didn't support thumbnails <g>.

Any suggestions on how to uncorrupt the GDI+ (or reinstall it?)
:)
Software company owner

serendipity

Re: Solved

Post by serendipity »

MrAnalogy wrote:Unchecked that and restarted XY. Resolved the problem. Thanks. For YEARS I assumed XY just didn't support thumbnails <g>.

Any suggestions on how to uncorrupt the GDI+ (or reinstall it?)
:)
Glad it works for you. As far as i know XY always supported thumbs. GDI+ however is needed for creating superfast thumbnails and if corrupt (which is in your case) doesn't show thumbs. If you can live with slow thumbs creation then you are good, else you would like to fix the GDI+ issue.
By the way, one of my very old PC has the same problem and after several re-installs of GDI+ and Win XP, I still havent fixed it. But all my images are cached, so I did bother to fix it.

MrAnalogy

Post by MrAnalogy »

My PC is 2 months old (Win XP Pro). So not the age of the computer.

I dont' care about FAST thumbnails, so no worries.
Software company owner

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MrAnalogy wrote:My PC is 2 months old (Win XP Pro). So not the age of the computer.

I dont' care about FAST thumbnails, so no worries.
And the other good news: With the "slow" setting you also get better quality thumbnails!

I actually found out that XY's shrinking algo is even better than Photoshop's (at least Photoshop 7.0)! It might be a matter of taste but I find XY's miniatures clearly sharper than Photoshop's (with bicubic resampling).