add the ability to select alternative button themes

Features wanted...
usersky

add the ability to select alternative button themes

Post by usersky »

In the file XYplorer.exe there is an image with default buttons. Add a possibility to choose a replacement for this file from the program settings. That is, so that users can replace the default images with alternatives (one file). I think many people will start to make such sets (button themes) and post them on the forum. Similar possibility to choose button themes exists in many programs.

admin
Site Admin

Re: add the ability to select alternative button themes

Post by admin »

The format of this file changes all the time. Exposing it would add to the documentation load.

usersky

Post by usersky »

I think that there will be users willing to remake this file when new buttons will be added there. And if they don't, then this feature won't bother anyone.
Or, as an alternative, the possibility to set a link from the settings file to one common, alternative file with images of buttons.

eil

Post by eil »

Wanna share my thoughts. For video player i use the PotPlayer, and one of reasons is that its skins are quite easy to edit. Especially the visuals, since usually all buttons are on one png. So what i mean, to let users have easy access and be able to modify the XY's "all-buttons-png" is not a feature that is super needed ASAP, But it will be good to have it in some future.!
Cause indeed it will allow users to easier create own button sets, especially after all the new scaling additions and png-button-icons getting more use than traditional ico-buttons. Plus it would be easier than to make patch-image modifications for each single button.
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768