So configurable, it must be possible?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
dreq

So configurable, it must be possible?

Post by dreq »

Hi all,

Wowed by XYplorer from the outset but still a little overwhelmed by configurability.. though of course I appreciate it!! I don't want to assume things are not possible..

Could I ask..

Is there a way to set default view so that when I've closed all tabs it returns to "My Computer" or customisable start folder view?
At the moment Ctrl+W closes each open tab until only one remains, but then I seem to be stuck on that last tab.
I feel like I should be able to "close" that final one too and then see the default view.

Is there a way to find files from a particular day of the week (eg. "any Saturday" not a date)? I couldn't see a way to achieve this, but it sounds like some advanced techniques depend on knowing about filters / command strings.

Finally, any tile/thumbnail view that hides the file title until selected, so it's just a collage of the images in a folder?

Thanks so much

D.

highend

Re: So configurable, it must be possible?

Post by highend »

There is always one tab open.
Just use the first tab for that view, lock it's location
Otherwise scripting would help...

There isn't a name of the day but a number:
dateM: dw 6
Will find all files / folders that were modified on the 6th day = Saturday
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

dreq

Post by dreq »

Thank you so much! Very much appreciated on both counts. Very clever idea re lock first tab.

Just the "hide filename" bit to resolve now.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can hide the captions (Configuration | Preview | Thumbnails | Show caption), and then see the filename in the Hover Box (Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box | Show Hover Box).

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

There are so many thumbnail configuration possibilities. You could use a one liner script like the one below in a CTB (Customized Toolbar Button) or in a UDC (User Defined Command) to change your thumbnail view from a gallery mode to a more normal thumbnail mode with the click of a CTB or an assigned keystroke. Copy and paste it to your "Address bar" or in "Run script" to test when you're in a folder of pictures.

Code: Select all

thumbsconf((thumbsconf() == '1,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0') ? '0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0' :  '1,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0');

Syntax (see the Scripting command reference in Help:
  thumbsconf([settings="ShowCaption,ZoomToFill,Style,Padding,Transparency,ShowIcon,ShowDimensions,OverlayCaption,FolderThumbs,ZoomToFit"], 
gallery wall thumbs.jpg
gallery wall thumbs.jpg (203.1 KiB) Viewed 113 times
normal thumbs.jpg
normal thumbs.jpg (240.66 KiB) Viewed 113 times
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

dreq

Post by dreq »

That's excellent - hopefully me sorted for a while now!

Thanks so much to you.

D