Create Folder and Move Feature

Features wanted...
kluv

Create Folder and Move Feature

Post by kluv »

Would it be possible to add a Create folder and Move feature for files selected depending on a limiter.
For example:
If I select "[]" as my limiter then one folder will be created called:
Erai-raws
If I select "-" then two folders will be created:
[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba
Bonus if you can select the number of the limiter
If I select the second limiter "-" then three folders will be created
[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Katanakaji no Sato Hen
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Yuukaku Hen

Just creating the folder without moving would still be awesome.
Thank you!

[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu - 01 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][FF236F1F].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu - 02 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][AC78741B].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu - 03 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][D5979DA4].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu - 04 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][092243DA].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu - 05 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][6BEBA79F].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu - 06 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][6553161E].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu - 07 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][F7690CE1].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Katanakaji no Sato Hen - 01 [1080p][HEVC][Multiple Subtitle][1F70C2F9].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Katanakaji no Sato Hen - 02 [1080p][HEVC][Multiple Subtitle][5854AF59].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Katanakaji no Sato Hen - 03 [1080p][HEVC][Multiple Subtitle][CF10E435].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Katanakaji no Sato Hen - 04 [1080p][HEVC][Multiple Subtitle][7F37B262].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Katanakaji no Sato Hen - 05 [1080p][HEVC][Multiple Subtitle][988BEDCE].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Katanakaji no Sato Hen - 06 [1080p][HEVC][Multiple Subtitle][9AB5346F].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Katanakaji no Sato Hen - 07 [1080p][HEVC][Multiple Subtitle][E9C35FEA].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Yuukaku Hen - 01 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][502B2B16].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Yuukaku Hen - 02 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][0C5D8625].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Yuukaku Hen - 03 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][31F863B9].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Yuukaku Hen - 04 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][B076EB67].mkv
[Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - Yuukaku Hen - 05 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][5C4C8B2E].mkv
[/list]

highend

Re: Create Folder and Move Feature

Post by highend »

That's what scripting was made for...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

kluv

Post by kluv »

highend wrote: 13 Apr 2024 22:39 That's what scripting was made for...
You've really helped me out in alot of situations with Xyplorer and I really appreciate that, but if you don't have anything constructive to say please don't come in here trying to shit on my Wishes.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Scripting isn't shit. It's the solution to your problem.

kluv

Post by kluv »

admin wrote: 14 Apr 2024 08:21 Scripting isn't shit. It's the solution to your problem.
Scripting is the solution to alot of problems but unless every function added to Xyplorer is something nonscriptable then it really doesn't matter.

Not everyone is a great scripter and having something that can help a large number of people probably should be part of the program rather than something only a few people can script.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I would estimate that large number of people to be about one.

kluv

Post by kluv »

admin wrote: 15 Apr 2024 09:14 I would estimate that large number of people to be about one.
I'm not trying to question your intelligence but if you think a FILE MANAGEMENT system that can create a folder and move content into it is just limited to one person, I'm starting to have my doubts about it.

matewo

Post by matewo »

Hi kluv,

please excuse, but would you provide two or three examples (before and after), for "[]" and "-" as delimiter?

Thanks

kluv

Post by kluv »

[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu - 01 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle][FF236F1F].mkv

If you take the file above and use a delimiter of [] or maybe it would just be ] then it would create a folder "Erai-raws"
If the delimiter is - then the folder would be "[Erai-raws] Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu Desu"

You're only creating and moving files, not changing them, so I can't really do a "before and after".

eil

Post by eil »

kluv wrote: 15 Apr 2024 02:32 Not everyone is a great scripter and having something that can help a large number of people probably should be part of the program rather than something only a few people can script.
Can you please name at least 1 file manager that has feature you desire right away build-in? Since you imply "large number of people" need this, feature, it definitely ought to be added at least for some other file manager(s).
Yet you may still have hopes that somebody out of that large number of people may happen to be a few who will actually try read Help file and share the result. Cause that's how things work: you either do things the basic way with common build-in abilities, or you stop been lazy and learn how to do magic yourself (instead of demanding and doubting own intelligence).
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

kluv

Post by kluv »

eil wrote: 15 Apr 2024 17:07
kluv wrote: 15 Apr 2024 02:32 Not everyone is a great scripter and having something that can help a large number of people probably should be part of the program rather than something only a few people can script.
Can you please name at least 1 file manager that has feature you desire right away build-in? Since you imply "large number of people" need this, feature, it definitely ought to be added at least for some other file manager(s).
Yet you may still have hopes that somebody out of that large number of people may happen to be a few who will actually try read Help file and share the result. Cause that's how things work: you either do things the basic way with common build-in abilities, or you stop been lazy and learn how to do magic yourself (instead of demanding and doubting own intelligence).
By your logic every file manager is the same, if a feature isn't in any other file manager than it can't be added? The whole point people gravitate to XYplorer is because it provides features that other File Managers don't.
Are you saying everything that people include in the Wish Discussion board is basic/ common build-in abilities if its not, then why are any of them being add to XYplorer?

You logic is being selectively applied.

Dude, I get that your argument is trash but trying to insult me to cover for it is sad.