Many tabsets -- is it possible to set tab focus for tabs, rather than last viewed tab?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Eudeyrn Kael

Many tabsets -- is it possible to set tab focus for tabs, rather than last viewed tab?

Post by Eudeyrn Kael »

I must have XYplorer set to open last viewed tab because each time I change tabsets, it's on a different tab.

But what I think will work much better, especially since I have sooooo many tabsets <g>, is to have a default tab for some of the tabsets.
I did a forum search but didn't find anything pertinent.

Can this be done?

Thank you in advance! :)

klownboy

Re: Many tabsets -- is it possible to set tab focus for tabs, rather than last viewed tab?

Post by klownboy »

Right click the tab in your tabset that you want set as the default and check "Default tab". XY will use the default tab when you are in any location in the tree or list that do not have a "lock location" or "Locked home zone" tab. Which doesn't necessarily mean when you return to a tabset, it's going to the default tab if you were last on a locked location in that tabset.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

Eudeyrn Kael

Re: Many tabsets -- is it possible to set tab focus for tabs, rather than last viewed tab?

Post by Eudeyrn Kael »

klownboy wrote: 04 Apr 2024 14:31 Right click the tab in your tabset that you want set as the default and check "Default tab". XY will use the default tab when you are in any location in the tree or list that do not have a "lock location" or "Locked home zone" tab. Which doesn't necessarily mean when you return to a tabset, it's going to the default tab if you were last on a locked location in that tabset.
Thank you! So far that seems to be working well. I just needed to save the tabset after setting the default tab, it seems. I didn't know about this feature or the locked location <lol>. I'm guessing that's a common comment! XYplorer has soooooo may great features built it!

Thank you!