Having long pauses during use and at startup

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
darkquark

Having long pauses during use and at startup

Post by darkquark »

When I first start XY I have a solid 15secs or so of load time. And during use post load, it frequently will freeze for 5+ seconds.

I have the 2 exe's as exceptions in my AV. And I have a few options on or off based on the FAQ.

I did turn on the splash screen for startup so I could see what it pauses on. It appears to be the folder I work in the most which has a number of media files in it. Currently a few folders and 177 files. I am not pulling back any fields outside of default (name/ext/size/type/modifed/created).

If I close this folder it will load quickly so clearly it has to do with this folder. I am not sure why however. It's an SSD that otherwise has no issues in Windows Explorer. I did buy XY because Windows explorer would not stop auto detecting files types and displaying additional fields like duration and what not and that DID slow down windows explorer so long as those fields were being populated.

Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Re: Having long pauses during use and at startup

Post by admin »

Sounds new and interesting. What kind of media files are these?

highend

Re: Having long pauses during use and at startup

Post by highend »

Which view mode?

Execute this from the address bar while in that folder and show the output (as text):
text columnlayout(, "get");

Is this setting checked?
Configuration | Colors and Styles | Templates | Status Bar | [ ] Use status bar template
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal