missing icon and caption of ctb in catalog when ctb not in toolbar

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
autocart

missing icon and caption of ctb in catalog when ctb not in toolbar

Post by autocart »

Hi Don,

When I add a custom toolbar button to the catalog, e.g. via Location: ":ctb7", then all looks ok at first.
When I remove the button from the toolbar, then restart XY, then the catalog looks something like in the picture, the custom icon and caption are missing. The catalog button still works but it is just displayed wrong.

When I keep the ctb in the toolbar visible then all is displayed ok even after a restart.

The main point of me having a ctb in the catalog is because the catalog cannot show a custom icon. But I do not want the button in the toolbar as well, that would be unnecessarily cluttering the interface.

Regards, me

wrong catalog button items.png
wrong catalog button items.png (4.4 KiB) Viewed 412 times

klownboy

Re: missing icon and caption of ctb in catalog when ctb not in toolbar

Post by klownboy »

Maybe this doesn't solve the issue totally, but you can get an icon if you use this format in the Caption block:
Caption: Thumbnail Maintenance|:viewthumbs
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

autocart

Post by autocart »

Wow, nice.
Thx, that really is my preferred solution.
I hoped for that but never tried it out because the help file specifically did not say anything like that.

So, then that would be a related bug report:
Help file needs to be updated in that area. :D

autocart

Post by autocart »

klownboy wrote: 18 Dec 2023 20:11 Maybe this doesn't solve the issue totally, but you can get an icon if you use this format in the Caption block:
Caption: Thumbnail Maintenance|:viewthumbs
BTW, your Location string is quite misleading in this context. It really can be anything, unrelated to toolbar buttons. The icon is just specified after the pipe character in the Caption string. Syntax, I assume, would be as in a custom toolbar button's icon field?

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Yes, I suppose the way I wrote it, is more like directly running a script. Either way works. Maybe I should have stuck with (at least for my example): :ctb39 since that, with the same caption, works fine. Though using the syntax I suggested, ::button ctb31, 2 with the "2" you can run the right click of the CTB definition. I couldn't get the CTB right click function to run using your example.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Original issue confirmed. Fixed in next beta. :tup: