Quick Search sort order

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Shutey

Quick Search sort order

Post by Shutey »

Using Quick Search it always sorts the results alphabetically. When searching *.jpg on a folder with subfolders one can end up with search results being jumbled up. The best way to solve this is to sort the results by the path field. However, this only affects the current sort results, Quick search does not remember this and will default back to an alphabetic sort order everytime it is used.

I was therefore wondering if there was a way, a switch or something, I can use in the search string that will force the results to be sorted by "Path" or other field, something like

Code: Select all

sort:path *.jpg
I have looked through the help but cannot find anything to do this.

Thank you
Windows 11 Pro, Dell XPS 17" 12th gen i9 cpu, 64Gb ram, 2Tb SSD, RTX 3060 6Gb vram

highend

Re: Quick Search sort order

Post by highend »

01. Untick:
Configuration | Find and Filter | Find Files & Branch View | Find Files | [ ] Search results inherit current columns

02. Make a new search
In the "Search Result" tab, configure your columns as you like

Menu - File - Settings Special - Save Configuration (while still being in the "Search Result" tab!)

Done, the next time a search occurs, it should use that layout...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

Shutey

Post by Shutey »

Thank you @highend that does the trick.

I assume this means there is no 'switch' one can use in the search string for those searches that require a different sort field?
Windows 11 Pro, Dell XPS 17" 12th gen i9 cpu, 64Gb ram, 2Tb SSD, RTX 3060 6Gb vram

highend

Post by highend »

Nope
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

jupe

Post by jupe »

But you can set the sort via scripting, so if you use a custom script for when you want to set sort you only need 2 cmds,
#266; sortby "Path";