Trying to have the Path column always show up on the right side

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Skettalee

Trying to have the Path column always show up on the right side

Post by Skettalee »

Xplore can we save the preference to move the Path column all the way to the right as in it would be the last thing I would want to see while going through my files just until the point when i do need it and then its just a little bit to the right ;-)

I love this program by the way. I have so for years now. And I use this thing every day. I realized I use it so much and its still the program that has the most tools that I have yet to gain alot of experience in using. There are alot I do with it though for sure!!!! I just sometimes wish that there was a tutorial series where someone goes through every single feature and setting in the program to learn everything much better. I would even FOR SURE be willing to do all the production work to create this tutorial for ya'll for FREE. Or well, just the charge of getting a quickly lesson on the things I still dont know how to use really or why id use it. Just wanted to say that as a PS lol.

I actually think i have probably posted on this forum a few times before saying that I would love to help do something to give back to you guys for what completely extensive tool you guys made! Oopps, well there went my PS

highend

Re: Trying to have the Path column always show up on the right side

Post by highend »

Move it to the right and define that layout as the default folder view?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

No, i dont think that is possible. Ive tried that. Matter of fact the F button is greyed out when i go into branch view, which is the only view i get that has a path column. Any other options?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Folder View Settings aren't necessary here.

1) Untick Configuration | Find and Filter | Find Files & Branch View | Find Files | Search results inherit current columns

2) Do a search.

3) In the search results, move the Path column to where you want it.

Done. Next search will remember the column positions.

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

Yeah, that isn't working for me. I do a search, change the columns, and anytime i do another search its back to the old columns with path being first

jupe

Post by jupe »

Do a search
Setup columns how you want them
With the search tab still open:

File | Settings Special | Save Configuration

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just for the record: Save Configuration is not necessary for me. There must be another factor at work.

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

Jesus, yeah something is really not working correctly in my app over here because I tried exactly what you said and noticed that now the search results only come up in reagular List view and not details. And I am trying over and over again to change the layout to details and putting path last in the columns and saving configuration and everything with no luck. nothing changed. Is there any way I can send a log to you guys or record video of my steps so yall can maybe help me fix this?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Do you have the same issue on both panes?

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

Ugh, yeah it sucks. Now anytime I do a search the results come in as thumbnail view. Im not sure what is changing things. Maybe i cant help in figuring out what the problem is. I did notice today when I clicked CLEAR in settings for thumbnails to clear it, the program came back with an error screen pretty much because it didn't seem to have permissions to delete the files in that folder, i then reran the program as admin and then it worked. But before that I also went to that thumbnails folder and made sure my account had full permissions to that folder anyway, and tried that way and still it didn't work

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

Let me also add this weird error i had tonight. I am going through my Start Menu on windows and removing items and cleaning stuff. So i had a regular windows explorer window open along with Xy, I used explorer to grab the exe of a program and CNTRL SHIFT drag it to the desktop to make a shortcut file, then i just drag that shortcut file in the start menu folder in ProgramData where all items are, it would copy the link over fine BUT... it would change the link to be program files x86 which thats not the location of the file i made shortcuts for. Xy actually changed the shortcut to be 32 bit and i have no idea why, i had to go and manually change the directory in shortcut properties and it did it that time

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

One more thing, I realize that alot of my shortcuts in my start menu are showing up as they are in x86 program files directory when they are not, I made sure to go through regular explorer and check all my links to see if they are working that way or not and yes they all are, just when i view some of them in xyplorer they end up being x86 for some reason. just really odd, sorry!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It looks like XYplorer is not properly "installed" and is trying to write to UAC-protected locations. If XYplorer.exe is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\XYplorer, then the Startup.ini file should also be there, and its contents usually look like this (this ensures that the application data folder is in a writable location):

Code: Select all

[Appdata]
Path=%appdata%\XYplorer
Attachments
Startup.zip
(208 Bytes) Downloaded 13 times

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

Yep this is what mine says too:

[Appdata]
Path=%appdata%\XYplorer

not sure...... You guys have any ideas?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Open Help | Various Information, and post the paths listed at the bottom of the dialog, from App: onwards.