Always opening a folder in the other pane

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
JqnOC

Always opening a folder in the other pane

Post by JqnOC »

Hello,

My name is Joaquín, from Spain, and I am completely new here. :-)

I have been trying XYplorer for a few days and so far I have found everything I have wished for except one thing. Probably it is hidden somewhere in the settings, but I have not found it yet, so I came here to ask.

On my usual workflow, it would be great to have a set of fixed opened folders in the upper pane, and then whenever I open one of the subfolders on those fixed folders, I want them to open in the lower pane, is that possible? In other words, I want that, whenever I double click one folder in the upper pane, it will open in the lower pane.

Locking the location of a folder in the upper pane forces the tool to open any folder in that locked location in a new tab, but I would like that tab to open in the other pane, not in the same pane.

Thanks in advance for your help!

highend

Re: Always opening a folder in the other pane

Post by highend »

No there isn't any setting for that kind of behaviour.

This thing could be accomplished by scripting but it would require you to use a middle-click on folders to open them in the other pane...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Anyway, here is a little trick that might make it (life) a bit easier for you: When you hold the ALT key and select a folder in the tree, it will open in the other pane.

JqnOC

Post by JqnOC »

highend wrote: 31 May 2023 16:31 No there isn't any setting for that kind of behaviour.

This thing could be accomplished by scripting but it would require you to use a middle-click on folders to open them in the other pane...
admin wrote: 31 May 2023 17:25 Anyway, here is a little trick that might make it (life) a bit easier for you: When you hold the ALT key and select a folder in the tree, it will open in the other pane.
Oh, that's quite simple and really helpful. I had no clue about that, but it would work for me. Thanks a lot to both of you!