Refresh stops working

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
sl23

Refresh stops working

Post by sl23 »

I have auto refresh enabled, but after a while it stops working. As I'm in the middle of a big project I tend to put my PC into sleep mode every night. But, even after updating XY, it still doesn't refresh on restarting.

Currently, I am creating new folder to group several others. After entering the name and pressing the Enter key, the folder moves position in the list (Details view). But now it just stays where it is.

My settings:
Image 001.png
Image 001.png (16.67 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Am I doing something wrong, or is it possibly a bug? This has been happening since I started using XY, but hasn't been an issue until now.
Any ideas on the cause?

Thanks.

iaseac

Re: Refresh stops working

Post by iaseac »

Same here for larger files. If I must know if the move went through OK - then I click the icon on the toolbar.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1) Check if View | Suspend Auto-Refresh is ticked.

2) If not, give me steps to reproduce it.

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Suspend is unticked. I double checked by ticking and unticking, but that made no difference.

Sorry, I can't explain why or how it happened, as I simply don't know. Although it has been happening for some time, I've never analysed what causes it. It was never an inconvenience so pretty much ignored it. It's only due to the process I was using that made it a headache as it added more steps! Now I found those Hotkeys, mentioned in my other post on Hotkeys, it has made the need to refresh largely redundant and massively reduced the time taken to finish that stage of work.

Should I figure out what is causing it, I will let you know :tup: