Feature wish - height and width search for images.

Features wanted...
Shutey

Feature wish - height and width search for images.

Post by Shutey »

I frequently use XYplorer to sort through folders full of images and that can include looking for images larger than a certain width or height or both or sometimes smaller than.

As height and width information is in an image's metadata can we not have a command available for use in the quick search/filters similar to ":size >= n" but with both height and width conditions along the lines of ":height >= x, width >= y;" in order to find all images that meet the conditions for the specified pixels x and y.

Thank you
Windows 11 Pro, Dell XPS 17" 12th gen i9 cpu, 64Gb ram, 2Tb SSD, RTX 3060 6Gb vram

highend

Re: Feature wish - height and width search for images.

Post by highend »

The search can use properties (and you can save searches to make them more repeatable)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

I don't use extra columns myself but from what I read here on the forum I'm pretty confident that you could set up extra columns for width and height of image files and then use search criteria as you wish.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Shutey

Post by Shutey »

The search can use properties (and you can save searches to make them more repeatable)
I guess the real issue here is the help documentation because even since reading the above I have been unable to find anything that mentions height or width anywhere. However I had a guess at the syntax based on how size is used and found you are spot on and that "height: > x and width: > y" did exactly what I wanted.

Thank you very much for this, much appreciated.
Windows 11 Pro, Dell XPS 17" 12th gen i9 cpu, 64Gb ram, 2Tb SSD, RTX 3060 6Gb vram

Shutey

Post by Shutey »

I don't use extra columns myself but from what I read here on the forum I'm pretty confident that you could set up extra columns for width and height of image files and then use search criteria as you wish.
I looked into this and I cannot see an easy way to set up a column for this except as an extra column with a script behind it. I am also not sure how you would then associate list columns with a quick search or filter. Being able to use the attributes height: and width: in a search solves my issue but thank you for your reply.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Some examples using image dimensions:

Code: Select all

e quicksearch("{:Image} AND prop:System.Image.HorizontalSize: >= 5000");

e quicksearch("prop:#AspectRatio: == 16:9");

if(property('System.Image.HorizontalSize') >= "3800" AND property('System.Image.VerticalSize') >= "2000") {
    msg "Horiontal dimension greater than 3800 and vertical dimension greater than 2000";}
  else {msg "Horiontal dimension less than 3800 and vertical dimension less than 2000";}
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440