script(image) colomn popup appear ignore settings

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
kendaman

script(image) colomn popup appear ignore settings

Post by kendaman »

Starting with the 24.20 version, the popup is always shown, ignoring whether or not to show the popup in the settings. 24.10 reflected the setting.
I don't like the way the file path is displayed when the mouse is hovered over an image in the IMAGE COLUMN. Hopefully this is a bug and it will be fixed.

jupe

Re: script(image) colomn popup appear ignore settings

Post by jupe »

Not sure if I understand you completely but are you aware that you now need to enable this if you want the HoverBox

Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box | Show Hover Box | Select Context...

==

Image Columns

which also replaces the InfoTip popup of the file path, or do you just mean you want no InfoTip when that setting is disabled? because there is no setting to do that, so not sure how it would be ignored.

kendaman

Post by kendaman »

thanks reply
popup.png
popup.png (6.12 KiB) Viewed 242 times
I think the tips is the mouse over information display, but when I mouse over the image column, the file path is displayed. Only this ignores the setting, back in 24.10 it reflected the setting and did not show the file path.

jupe

Post by jupe »

That setting doesn't control Extra Column InfoTips (or other columns like Size/Date etc), it is for File InfoTips in the name column. During beta versions while this Image Column feature was being introduced the behavior might have been variant.

Anyway I guess you are making a request not a bug report, and we'll see what the dev says.

kendaman

Post by kendaman »

I see what you mean! I was only looking at the file name and image column, and you are right.
It seems that for a short while, the script columns were only reflecting the settings as an exception.

Personally, I don't think it is necessary to have a popup as a result of the script, but I hope that is acceptable.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I agree, if Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box | Show file info tips is unticked, this tooltip should not be shown. I'll change that.

kendaman

Post by kendaman »

I can confirm that the new version now reflects settings! Thank you so much!