UI Option for Beta Updates

Features wanted...
GreetingsFromPoland

UI Option for Beta Updates

Post by GreetingsFromPoland »

hi! in the past i was using :

Code: Select all

update 1 + 128;
in a CTB to update to the latest official or beta release. for many years this was working without issue, until it wasn't. in another post, it was pointed out to me that this could be the problem i was having so i stopped using it.

now i update to beta by Help | Online Support | (hold CTRL) Check for Updates and it has been working great so far.

in other applications there is sometimes an option to also include betas in update checks, for example, here is DisplayFusion :
Image-002.png
Image-002.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
is it possible to add something like this to XY Configuration but make it more along the lines of "Include beta releases on update check" in the event that the Configuration | General | Startup & Exit | Check for updates on startup is not enabled.

many clicks have died to bring you this information.

WirlyWirly

Re: UI Option for Beta Updates

Post by WirlyWirly »

That CTB command still works, I just used it today. Do you have the :: preceding the function?

On left-click
::update 1 + 128;

viewtopic.php?p=205404#p205404

GreetingsFromPoland

Post by GreetingsFromPoland »

thanks! i don't recall if i was using

Code: Select all

::
or not, but that button had worked for years if i recall. i recently started getting an odd error explained here viewtopic.php?t=25514. since some of the replies in there mentioned how i was updating, i stopped using it, removed all traces and have been doing it manually since. (knock on wood) i haven't had that problem in the link since so i assumed it was my CTB.

i will re-read your link and try it again and see if that helps out. thank you for posting it (and the icon).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As long as ScriptSmartDetect=1 the :: should not be necessary.