XYplorer completely unresponsive

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
iznaut

XYplorer completely unresponsive

Post by iznaut »

A day or two ago, XYplorer stopped responding to any input. The panes are frozen in the last folders I had open and clicking anywhere in the window just plays the Windows "error" sound, similar to when you have a popup message open and try to click the main program behind it.

The titlebar is a bit faded as though it doesn't have focus, but clicking on the window and pressing F1 will still open the help docs. I've tried killing the process and restarting my computer, but no matter what, the behavior is always the same.

I've also tried updating to the latest version (v23.80.0200 > v24.00.0600) and it's worth noting that the titlebar does acknowledge the update, but it's still unresponsive.

jupe

Re: XYplorer completely unresponsive

Post by jupe »

It sounds like you have a dialog open somewhere off screen, if you run multi monitor setup it may be on a diff monitor, pressing Esc key with XY focused should close the dialog though in most cases.

iznaut

Re: XYplorer completely unresponsive

Post by iznaut »

jupe wrote: 06 Feb 2023 00:30 It sounds like you have a dialog open somewhere off screen, if you run multi monitor setup it may be on a diff monitor, pressing Esc key with XY focused should close the dialog though in most cases.
Yeah, I was thinking that, but couldn't track it down. ESC worked though, thank you!