Find Files / QuickSearch Multi Location

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
jupe

Find Files / QuickSearch Multi Location

Post by jupe »

I have noticed recently if I do a multi location Quick Search on different drives, that XY seems to use a common root drive for all files, so for example if this is run:

c:\test|z:\temp? /fn

and you try and MDBU/preview/HB/open one of the files from each location, only the files from the first c:\test path will work, the other files, though visible in the list, will not work, the file isn't found. Infotips still mostly work though, but some values are bogus. If one of the files are attempted to be opened, a message is shown: Could not find "c:\temp\file.ext", notice it has used the drive letter from the first path, and the folder from the second path.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Find Files / QuickSearch Multi Location

Post by admin »

Unfortunately yes. :) Fix comes.

hermhart

Multiple Location Search Issue

Post by hermhart »

I have a list of locations that I use to do searching for files that I have set up through a Search Template. It has remained the same for years now. But just since the update I did over the past day or two, as there have been a couple of maintenance releases, it seems that now the column with the Path in it for the results seems to get cut off at the beginning of the field, and I am not able to widen the column to see what is cut off. Also, when I double click on the file to open it, the error window shows the path and the filename, but the path reflects only the shown part of the path also and not the full path that has been cut off.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Location Search Issue

Post by admin »

Check out today's beta, it should be fixed: viewtopic.php?p=207236#p207236

hermhart

Post by hermhart »

That did it, thanks! :biggrin:

admin
Site Admin