Sort order reset when closing copied tab

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
CWyss

Sort order reset when closing copied tab

Post by CWyss »

This behavior just started with version 24.0. Starting with a folder containing sub-folder(s) that is sorted on Modified, if I open a sub-folder from this one into a new tab, then the sub-folder opens in the new tab with the default sort order of Name. This is is the correct behavior and is the same as for Version 23.90.

However, starting in V24.0, if I close the new tab while the focus is on the new tab, then when the focus returns to the original folder, it is now sorted on Name (the default for newly opened folders). The correct behavior would be to leave the original folder sorted as it was (on Modified in this case).

If I change the focus to the original folder (leaving the new tab open), it will still be sorted on Modified as expected, and I can close the new tab by clicking on the X in that tab. This procedure does not disturb the sort order of the original folder (i.e., it stays sorted on Modified).

I can provide a little video if you have trouble reproducing this behavior.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Sort order reset when closing copied tab

Post by admin »

I cannot reproduce this here, but there are many settings that play a role in this game. I assume you are using Folder View Settings, in particular a default Folder View Setting? Otherwise the new tab would inherit the sort order of the old tab.

CWyss

Post by CWyss »

Yes that is correct. I have set up a default Folder View that sorts by Name (with the Columns I'm interested in), specifically so that newly opened folders are sorted by Name by default, but I expect the originating folder settings to persist as long as the folder is open and it does not do so now. FYI, I'm seeing the same thing happen when I just open a sub-folder (opens sorted by Name) and then press the blue back arrow or just navigate back to the parent folder. In short, the sort order is not persistent. It was working in V23.90. If I Remove the Folder View from the parent folder, it does not fix the problem.

Do you have a suggestion as to other settings that might improve things?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think this fix (viewtopic.php?p=207252#p207252) also fixes your issue. Please try the next beta (v24.00.0501).

CWyss

Post by CWyss »

Yes, the problem is fixed in version 24.00.0600. Thank you.