How to get XYPlorer to open up new window

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
prr

How to get XYPlorer to open up new window

Post by prr »

I know how to have XYplorer open up a folder in a current window. But today, I had on the left part of my display, a window of XYplorer, and I wanted to open up another window of XYplorer on the right side of my display. Double clicking, or right-clicking and then selecting XYplorer, would open up that folder in the previously existing window, not in a new window.

I know I can drag n drop files from one tab to another, but for multiple files I still like to do it the old fashioned way.

How can I have one window open of XYplorer, and then have it open up a new folder, in its own window?

highend

Re: How to get XYPlorer to open up new window

Post by highend »

By scripting it and putting it on a button / keyboard shortcut / catalog...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

prr

Post by prr »

OK, not sure how to do that.
highend wrote: 14 Jan 2023 07:21 By scripting it and putting it on a button / keyboard shortcut / catalog...

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

prr wrote: 14 Jan 2023 03:18 I know I can drag n drop files from one tab to another, but for multiple files I still like to do it the old fashioned way.
You talk about tabs. Did you ever try 2 panes?
You can see them side by side, or one below the other, select different locations in both, and drag'n'drop between them as you like.
(And every pane can even have tabs.)
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

prr

Post by prr »

I think your solution makes a lot of sense. I normally like to keep the right side a single pane, but after reading your post, I see that I can toggle this on and off by hitting Fn+F10 (F10 by itself doesn't do it). Thanks that is very practical and easy for me to do.
PeterH wrote: 14 Jan 2023 17:00
prr wrote: 14 Jan 2023 03:18 I know I can drag n drop files from one tab to another, but for multiple files I still like to do it the old fashioned way.
You talk about tabs. Did you ever try 2 panes?
You can see them side by side, or one below the other, select different locations in both, and drag'n'drop between them as you like.
(And every pane can even have tabs.)

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

There are quite a few commands available that operate between the two panes even if only one is currently visible.
As long as you know the location of the inactive pane you can easily copy/move/backup files there even "blindly".
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

vanzanten

Post by vanzanten »

I stumble upon this post, while I (and as I see a LOT of others) always see XYplorer open a new window when we click on a tab. We just want XYplorer to open the folder in the SAME window and nobody seems to know how to do it. So I am really surprised that you DO seem to know, while WE have the answer to your problem without knowing it. Could you please tell me how you do that?

PS. English obviously isn't my native language, so it might be possible that I misunderstand one thing or another.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:? XYplorer never opens a new window when clicking on a tab.

highend

Post by highend »

Except if someone uses a "CEA - Switch Tabs" event to do that :D
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal