Auto-Refresh Still Does Not Work Properly

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto-Refresh Still Does Not Work Properly

Post by admin »

1) refresh code is not yet rewritten

2) :tup: <--- icon exists, it's the very first one

GreetingsFromPoland

Post by GreetingsFromPoland »

TestMeister wrote: 18 May 2023 06:41
  • Dell Inspiron laptop, 64bit, 16 GB ram
  • Windows 11 Pro, v22H2
  • XY 24.40
  • ESET Internet Security (AV, firewall, etc)
hi! my settings matched yours. what i did try is uncheck/apply/re-check/apply each one and then a fresh restart of XY. i am seeing some immediate refreshes now that were not previously displaying properly. that is promising. my pc is booted fresh each day. xy usually runs all day and I only close it during a beta update or a removable drive eject.
  • XYplorer: 24.40.0102 - Lifetime License Enterprise (Upgrade)
  • OS: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045.2965 (10.0), .NET v4.8.04084
  • Memory: 64 GB RAM
  • Windows Defender - the full XY folder is added to the exceptions, same for MBAM (run manually occasionally)

GreetingsFromPoland

update since doing the uncheck/apply/re-check/apply to my auto-refresh settings, all the auto-refreshes are working as intended (including the previous ones that were not working).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad to hear it. But I fail to see how uncheck/apply/check/apply would make any difference. Probably the restart was the essential part of your operation.

highend

Post by highend »

update since doing the uncheck/apply/re-check/apply to my auto-refresh settings
Do you have a backup of your XYplorer.ini file before doing this? Would love to see a diff from that one in comparison to the current...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

GreetingsFromPoland

hi!
admin wrote: 22 May 2023 07:56 Glad to hear it. But I fail to see how uncheck/apply/check/apply would make any difference. Probably the restart was the essential part of your operation.
this oddity had been happening for some time now. i don't think the restart had anything to do with the solution since i power-on and power-off my workstation each day and do close and re-open XY several times throughout the day. only after doing the uncheck/re-checks has it now begun to work properly (and it still is).
highend wrote: 22 May 2023 08:01 Do you have a backup of your XYplorer.ini file before doing this? Would love to see a diff from that one in comparison to the current...
i do have backups of the INI from each day (2 per day, noon and 6pm); however, when comparing each daily version to the version prior to making the changes (using TortoiseGIT with WinMerge) i only see changes related to application version, dates, MRUs, etc., nothing related to recognizable auto-refresh settings. there is a bit of PII contained within the files so i won't attach copies.

the good news is all the auto-refreshes are still working !

highend

Post by highend »

If you see no differences regarding those auto-refresh settings in the .ini file then changing them can't be the reason that it currently works^^
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Sorry, looks like I should've looked before posting about this in the wrong place! :oops: