Copying HD Image from the Internet Causes XYplorer to Hang When Switching Between Tabs

Things you’d like to miss in the future...

admin
Site Admin

Re: Copying HD Image from the Internet Causes XYplorer to Hang When Switching Between Tabs

Post by admin »

What do you mean by "copying HD images from the internet"?

Paperboy

Re: Copying HD Image from the Internet Causes XYplorer to Hang When Switching Between Tabs

Post by Paperboy »

admin wrote: 06 Dec 2022 14:08 What do you mean by "copying HD images from the internet"?
In Firefox, right-click on the image and then click on Copy Image. Then go to XYplorer, but make sure that you already have 2 or more different tabs open. At least for me, when switching between tabs it sometimes takes about 1 second, sometimes 2 or 3 seconds, and sometimes even longer than 3 seconds for the tab to appear. However, this does not happen if I have pasted and saved the image somewhere. It only seems to happen when the HD image itself is still in the clipboard.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The download triggers auto-refresh if any of the foreground tabs of each pane points to the download location.

How minor can a problem be? :roll:

Paperboy

Post by Paperboy »

admin wrote: 06 Dec 2022 14:22 The download triggers auto-refresh if any of the foreground tabs of each pane points to the download location.

How minor can a problem be? :roll:
If there is nothing you can do about it then fair enough. However, you did say that you plan a complete rewrite of the refresh engine. I obviously don't know if this would actually make any difference. It doesn't matter.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, in this case the refresh works very well. No plans to fix that.

Just to be sure: You get the hang when going from the Download location to another tab?

Paperboy

Post by Paperboy »

admin wrote: 06 Dec 2022 16:32 Well, in this case the refresh works very well. No plans to fix that.

Just to be sure: You get the hang when going from the Download location to another tab?
What download location? There is no download location. Simply right-click on Copy Image via your web browser and then in XYplorer switch between tabs and it will hang for about a couple of seconds. But this depends on the resolution of the image that is being copied in the clipboard. The delay itself is hardly noticeable when copying low resolution images. It becomes more apparent with high or very high resolution images.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah! I get no hang here at all, but try this: Untick Configuration | File Operations | Undo & Action Log | Clipboard | Log clipboard contents and enable restore. Does it make a difference?

Paperboy

Post by Paperboy »

admin wrote: 06 Dec 2022 17:03 Ah! I get no hang here at all, but try this: Untick Configuration | File Operations | Undo & Action Log | Clipboard | Log clipboard contents and enable restore. Does it make a difference?
It makes no difference because it was already unticked.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:? Weird! Do you get the same with a virgin instance?

Paperboy

Post by Paperboy »

admin wrote: 06 Dec 2022 17:20 :? Weird! Do you get the same with a virgin instance?
Sorry but what do you mean by virgin instance?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

fresh; thru the address bar and a virgin instance will appear.

Paperboy

Post by Paperboy »

admin wrote: 06 Dec 2022 17:39 fresh; thru the address bar and a virgin instance will appear.
Yes, at least when I upload an image to upscale it there is still a delay of a few seconds.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

... upload an image to upscale it... what does that mean?

Paperboy

Post by Paperboy »

admin wrote: 06 Dec 2022 18:18 ... upload an image to upscale it... what does that mean?
Go here:

https://www.imgupscaler.com/

Upload an image that is maybe 960x540
Choose 400%
When the upscaled image is done, right-click on the image and then click on Copy Image.
Switch between tabs in XYplorer and there will be a delay. At least for me this was the case.

BTW when you had told me to type Fresh; in the address bar, without an HD copied image in the clipboard there was no delay. However, when an HD image is copied in the clipboard and I start another instance of XYplorer via Fresh; in the address bar, there is a delay of a few seconds.