auto-remember folder view - help please! Thank you.

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
gggmmm2

auto-remember folder view - help please! Thank you.

Post by gggmmm2 »

Hi

coming from win explorer I am used to the folder view being saved automatically for individual folders.
How can I get that behaviour in xyp? Don't want to always remember to manually save folder view.
Tried forum, help, experimented with folderview settings and unchecked "remember list settings per tab" - but obviusly I am missing something.

Details:
In win explorer I can set list view as default for all folders. Then I enter a folder containing images and change it to thumbnail-view. When I then go to any other folder, it will be in list view (default), but when I return to the folder containing images its still in the same thumbnail view, as when I left it.
in xyp when I define list view as default with "auto-save" on it makes list view default, but when I enter a folder, change view to thumbnails in there and then go to another folder, it also uses thumbnail view (it should be the default list view though). Seems not logical and is not what i would like.
when I define list view as default with "auto-save" off, I can change a folder to thumbnails, but when I go somewhere else and return, it is reverted back to list view (default). Seems logical, but not what I want.
Only when I manually save folder view with the F button things behave as they should. Logical, but then it's not automated and I always need to rememner saving the folder view initially.

There is an older discussion in Wishes called "'..' in list view and sort order per folder", which suggests the following as a solution:
"Yes, that is true. However, once you save it, check "Auto-save changes" and further changes will be saved automatically. Is the initial commitment -- for that you can assign a KS -- such a burden?"
What is a KS? is that a XYScript?
The discussion also states ressource use against that mode of operation. I never experienced a slowdown on my win explorer with that mode of working.

Other than that xyp looks so much better and more productive than winexplorer and I'm really looking forward to using it.
Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: auto-remember folder view - help please! Thank you.

Post by admin »

Less words, please.

gggmmm2

Post by gggmmm2 »

I would like to mimic winexplorers behaviour regarding auto saving of individual Folder view.
Xyplorer "auto save folder view" only works after I initially click on the "F" icon once per folder (thereby creating the entry in the "manage folder view" list) - don't want to have to remember that click.

Logic:
Step 1: Set default folder view as for example "list" with the "auto save folder view" option ticked, when setting that default.
Step 2: after that, on event "user changes view to anything else than list" > auto create the entry and save the view

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not planned. Too heavy.