No posts in a whole day

Say it if you mean it...
RalphM

No posts in a whole day

Post by RalphM »

Don't think this ever happened before on this forum - a whole day passed and not a single new post. Couldn't let this happen - somebody might feel this forum isn't active anymore and we encountered with WP what happens if people have strange feelings about sth....

Hope you all had a lazy and relaxing sunday.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: No posts in a whole day

Post by j_c_hallgren »

RalphM wrote:Hope you all had a lazy and relaxing sunday.
Well, I just spent the last 5+ hrs listening to Leo Laporte doing his radio show for 3 hrs, then 1:30+- doing his TWIT show...it's more than just hearing it, as you have one browser session for the IRC chat, one for the UStream video, and one for the KFI radio feed during that part...a very interactive radio show! And normally, one also needs a browser session for the Yahoo video stream of his desktop, but not active today.

And yes....it was very odd to not have any posts for this long!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

jjk

Post by jjk »

I noticed that also, but I was too lazy to post about that odd event and overall I was afraid to wake you :)

eurytos

Post by eurytos »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
RalphM wrote:Hope you all had a lazy and relaxing sunday.
Well, I just spent the last 5+ hrs listening to Leo Laporte doing his radio show for 3 hrs, then 1:30+- doing his TWIT show...it's more than just hearing it, as you have one browser session for the IRC chat, one for the UStream video, and one for the KFI radio feed during that part...a very interactive radio show! And normally, one also needs a browser session for the Yahoo video stream of his desktop, but not active today.

And yes....it was very odd to not have any posts for this long!

You just made me cry on the inside. I forgot how much I missed the screensavers before G4 purchased techtv and turned it into whatever abomination it is called now.

I didn't know he had a streaming show I will have to take a look.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

eurytos wrote:I didn't know he had a streaming show I will have to take a look.
See http://techguylabs.com/radio/ for details...if your not in the USA, there is a link available via IRC chat topic during show hours that gives a way to hear the show (I can't recall it now)...this is because KFI doesn't want it's audio heard outside of US for legal reasons, as I gather it...also, because of legal/copyright issues, the Ustream video only has Leo's audio (and any pre-recorded or interview content), so it makes it somewhat of a challenge, as the radio audio is delayed by about 40sec-1min behind webcam, so one has to keep muting one or the other during breaks...the IRC chat can be really fun also during show as there's about 200+ there, with a small nbr who post most.

During breaks, Leo will now and then respond via voice to us in IRC, and that's neat to have that one-on-one even if it's only a one-liner reply from him...that's how I got his attention to XY!

I even met a couple of other listeners in person once here in CLW that I found via the IRC! They made me feel a bit like a newbie, but that's only cause they were also heavily into Mac's and Linux, and such.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.