See who's using XYplorer on Wakoopa

Say it if you mean it...
badams007

Post by badams007 »

You reviewed the installer! Interesting move... :wink:
Shrewd XY'er, aren't I? Hmmm... well, I did THREE reviews and none were where you are pointing me, Don. Guess I am spreading the word liberally, you might say. ;) :? :lol:

Oh dear.....

Edited to say: Done! Still wish it would show me actually USING XY...but oh well. Clubs...maybe we should make some more of them.... I like clubs. ;) :lol:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

While collecting votes for XY on lifehacker, why not stop by at Wakoopa where XY is doing fairly miserable:
http://wakoopa.com/software/xyplorer

:)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re:

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:While collecting votes for XY on lifehacker, why not stop by at Wakoopa where XY is doing fairly miserable:

Based on the fact you mention this Wakoopa on your site, I stopped by to see how it was doing...not that well... :cry:
Nbr 10 on list...but...they still seem to have Mac apps mixed in somewhere so not sure how valid that is...

Now...I noticed that two other FM's have a "download" link on main page of the app there...why doesn't XY have same? Yes, one can D/L via "versions" tab but not as obvious there.

And...what's worse...the one screen shot is from ver 7.00!
Plus...the description makes NO mention of dual-pane... :(

I know it's time consuming to keep up with all these type of sites, but if you're trying to market XY, it helps to keep them as current as reasonably possible, right?
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
admin wrote:While collecting votes for XY on lifehacker, why not stop by at Wakoopa where XY is doing fairly miserable:

Based on the fact you mention this Wakoopa on your site, I stopped by to see how it was doing...not that well... :cry:
Nbr 10 on list...but...they still seem to have Mac apps mixed in somewhere so not sure how valid that is...

Now...I noticed that two other FM's have a "download" link on main page of the app there...why doesn't XY have same? Yes, one can D/L via "versions" tab but not as obvious there.

I know it's time consuming to keep up with all these type of sites, but if you're trying to market XY, it helps to keep them as current as reasonably possible, right?
It looks like everybody has the right to edit it. I have no time to do it unfortunately. My general impression is that those social networking sites have little overlap only with the XY user crowd. XY is rather for people that work with the computer, not so much for people that spend their free time behind the screen.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
admin wrote:Now...I noticed that two other FM's have a "download" link on main page of the app there...why doesn't XY have same? Yes, one can D/L via "versions" tab but not as obvious there.

It looks like everybody has the right to edit it. I have no time to do it unfortunately.
Understand the time issue but I think you're the only one who could at least update the screen shot and add "dual pane" to desc via the "vendor' login...cause it's getting updated with new vers by someone, and I presume/hope that's you...no?

If not you, then you may have another hole in the net...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
admin wrote:
j_c_hallgren wrote:Now...I noticed that two other FM's have a "download" link on main page of the app there...why doesn't XY have same? Yes, one can D/L via "versions" tab but not as obvious there.

It looks like everybody has the right to edit it. I have no time to do it unfortunately.
Understand the time issue but I think you're the only one who could at least update the screen shot and add "dual pane" to desc via the "vendor' login...cause it's getting updated with new vers by someone, and I presume/hope that's you...no?

If not you, then you may have another hole in the net...
I did something there right now. Download link is there. Description should be updated soon, shot as well. :)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: See who's using XYplorer on Wakoopa

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Seems our forum user "grindax" has written nicely about XY at http://wakoopa.com/grindax/reviews (which shows up when you look at XY reviews but is easier to link to this way)...