CEA - Custom Event Actions

Features wanted...
autocart

Re: CEA - Custom Event Actions

Post by autocart »

21 had fixed the data-path issue for me already...

there are still a few bugs with the config CEA section... but I'll post that later..

EDIT:
But I always use SimpleUpdater. So, this one downloads the non-install-version, I assume.

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

I am not sure if this whole CEA "changing locations" is intended to work like this.

"Before changing locations" runs AFTER the path had already changed, so the <curpath> and <newpath> practically the same. (The list still shows the files in the old folder, but the breadcrumb already shows the new folder name.)
"After changing locations before painting" runs after painting the list but before the focus appears on a file
"After changing locations after painting" runs after painting the list and after the focus appears.

It can be easily checked by echo scripts. For me, it is weird.

autocart

Post by autocart »

Ok, here are the CEA config bugs, which I discovered so far:
1) Middle-click on white in folder tree does not work at all, as it seems. I tried "Scroll current item into view", "Scroll to top" and "Run script".
2) When the Edit Sript dialog closes, the red and green bullets in the script column are not redrawn, potentially leading to showing an incorrect state.
3) Double-click on Tab and Middle-click on Tab: You can assign a script but there is no "Run script" action available.

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

LittleBiG wrote: 08 Dec 2020 21:40 I am not sure if this whole CEA "changing locations" is intended to work like this.

"Before changing locations" runs AFTER the path had already changed, so the <curpath> and <newpath> practically the same. (The list still shows the files in the old folder, but the breadcrumb already shows the new folder name.)
"After changing locations before painting" runs after painting the list but before the focus appears on a file
"After changing locations after painting" runs after painting the list and after the focus appears.

Additionally, I think these should be three separate events instead of two, the second with two options. (of course only if they will work a bit more logically. Now it doesn't really matter.)
Last edited by LittleBiG on 09 Dec 2020 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LittleBiG wrote: 08 Dec 2020 21:40 I am not sure if this whole CEA "changing locations" is intended to work like this.

Both confirmed and fixed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LittleBiG wrote: 09 Dec 2020 09:38 Additionally, I think these should be three separate events instead of two, the second with two options. (of course only if they will work a bit more logically. Now it doesn't really matter.)
Yep, you're right.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

autocart wrote: 08 Dec 2020 21:42 Ok, here are the CEA config bugs, which I discovered so far:
1) Middle-click on white in folder tree does not work at all, as it seems. I tried "Scroll current item into view", "Scroll to top" and "Run script".
2) When the Edit Sript dialog closes, the red and green bullets in the script column are not redrawn, potentially leading to showing an incorrect state.
3) Double-click on Tab and Middle-click on Tab: You can assign a script but there is no "Run script" action available.
All confirmed and fixed. :tup:

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

Code: Select all

v21.30.0010 - 2020-12-02 13:06
    * On changing locations run script ...: Now the script is also run when the 
      location is the same but the tab was switched.
This is great. I am asking for the same when a new tab is created and it opens the same folder. Practically it also involves a tab switch. (I created a script which sets the tab icon according to which folder I am in. It is just strange that I don't get the icon if I create a new tab, I have to do a plus tab swicth to kick my script in.)

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

admin wrote: 09 Dec 2020 09:39

Both confirmed and fixed.
I put a sorting into the "after browsing" in 21.30.0023. I expected not to see the flicker from changing the sorting, as it the script was not in the after painting section. But I was wrong. Is there something to improve still?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LittleBiG wrote: 09 Dec 2020 12:07 I put a sorting into the "after browsing" in 21.30.0023. I expected not to see the flicker from changing the sorting, as it the script was not in the after painting section. But I was wrong. Is there something to improve still?
How do you go to the new location. Within tab? Tab switch?

highend

Post by highend »

Overflow error not fixed in 0024...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, guess I have to dig out my Win10 machine... :maf:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You have 2 monitors?

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

admin wrote: 09 Dec 2020 12:57
LittleBiG wrote: 09 Dec 2020 12:07 I put a sorting into the "after browsing" in 21.30.0023. I expected not to see the flicker from changing the sorting, as it the script was not in the after painting section. But I was wrong. Is there something to improve still?
How do you go to the new location. Within tab? Tab switch?
Simply by double-clicking on a folder in the list.

highend

Post by highend »

Yep, since ... 20 years :D
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal