Better file / folder selector

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
yusef88

Re: Better file / folder selector

Post by yusef88 »

Chaos
Attachments
2014-08-25_235534.png
2014-08-25_235534.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 3757 times

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

@highend
Excellent. Thank you very much for integrating the extension listing. :appl: :biggrin:
highend wrote:The setting for the selected file extension will not be remembered across sessions
No problem at all. Not necessary from my point of view.
highend wrote: "::" would be the delimiter (a single : is already taken for property searches).

The example would (hopefully obviously) select all files containing
png and jpg...

Is there a strong demand for this feature (only AND searches would be supported)?
Yes, there is. It does indeed happen that I see the occurence of similar extensions in the drop-down list. Extensions that are too tricky to get with wildcards because other, non-wanted extensions get in the way. Again my Adobe example: .asv (selective color), .acv (curves), .alv (levels)

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Go multi-patterns! +1! :biggrin:
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

highend

Post by highend »

Ok, v0.7 is online...

Multiple (AND combined) search patterns (format: <search pattern 1>::<search pattern 2>::<search pattern x...>
are now supported.

Don't know how well this performs on thousand of files but test it if you like.
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi highend, thanks for the script. I'm experiencing problems with paper folders selected. No problems when paper folders is not selected. At first I was going to report yesterday that it wasn't working at all with paper folders selected however I've been testing it more this morning. For some reason, it seems to work most of the time but not always, with paper folders selected if the search has a number in it no matter where it is in the file(s). When it doesn't, the txt file is created and the script sends me to the paper folder but the text file is empty. The exact same search that works with paper folders not selected doesn't work with it selected. I'll try to step through the script to see if I can tell what's happening. Any ideas? As of this morning, I am using version 0.7.

By the way, Don does have a variable for paper, <xypaper> so your lines with <xydata>\Paper\... could be shortened to <xypaper>\...

Thanks again,
Ken
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Another bug with PF output: the PF txt file comes out |-separated.
[ this user is asleep ]

highend

Post by highend »

@Ken

Can't reproduce... Try v0.8 when I post it in a few minutes, please. If you have the same behavior, show a screenshot of your settings in the html dialog and a few item names which with it doesn't work.
By the way, Don does have a variable for paper, <xypaper> so your lines with <xydata>\Paper\... could be shortened to <xypaper>\...
Does that variable still work correctly when somebody moves the <xydata> folder via the admin.ini file? If yes, I'll change it.

@Sammay

Yep, bug fixed.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi highend, I'm very pleased to report that whatever you did with version 0.8 did the trick...no issues now with paperfolders.
highend wrote:Does that variable still work correctly when somebody moves the <xydata> folder via the admin.ini file?
I have no idea if <xypaper> takes into account admin.ini, but I do know that I have "Paper" directly off the XYplorer main folder (i.e., no separate data folder) and <xypaper> points properly to "D:\Tools\XYplorer\Paper"
Thanks this will be very handy,
Ken

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

highend wrote:Does that variable still work correctly when somebody moves the <xydata> folder via the admin.ini file? If yes, I'll change it.
Yep, it does. Just checked.
[ this user is asleep ]

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

highend wrote:
Does that variable still work correctly when somebody moves the <xydata> folder via the admin.ini file? If yes, I'll change it.
...that's the sense of it. More exactly: even if \Paper\ would *not* be below <xydata> it would be correct.

Where I always need it is for <xyscripts>, as for me it isn't below <xydata>, but in d:\my user data\XY\scripts
This way I can start a second portable explorer with an admin.ini pointing to the 'central' scripts folder, to use all the same scripts.
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

highend

Post by highend »

v0.9 online

A bit of Javascript & <xypaper> instead of <xydata>\Paper

highend

Post by highend »

No more bug reports, guys?

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I haven't come across any issues highend. Thanks again. No biggie, but I did notice in 0.9 that you changed to using <xypaper> but not up front in two places where you check the file limit. Take care.

highend

Post by highend »

but not up front in two places where you check the file limit
I saw it right after uploading v0.9 and I replaced the file with a fixed version two minutes later. Just redownload it.

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Thanks for allowing ::multiple::patterns. Took me a moment to figure out how to restrict it to extensions only (DOS expression). An additional drop-down option "Extensions only" would spare the repeated typing of "*." but it's no big deal.

What does Match: Random do? And how do I get "every nth item" to work?
Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. This and XY scripting in general will keep me busy for months to come.