Session Manager [v7.90]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (save/restore tabsets and layout)

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
Post Reply
autocart
Posts: 1405
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Re: Session Manager [v7.90]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (save/restore tabsets and layout)

Post by autocart »

another crazy idea - this one is really wild, so may not be worth any time and effort:

to be able to add a "dynamic" entry in the list of sessions that acts as a placeholder and gets the project names that should be inserted in its place from the sub-folder names of a specified parent/container folder.

In my case the project names are based on the folder names of folders in a certain container folder that holds all these project main folders.
I use session manager to hold my tabs that I want to have open for each project. But each project name is normally based on the respective projects main folder name. When I add another main project folder, I usually want that project to also be displayed in the list of sessions.

autocart
Posts: 1405
Joined: 26 Sep 2013 15:22

Re: Session Manager [v7.90]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (save/restore tabsets and layout)

Post by autocart »

In the meantime, for anyone who wants to see the whole session name in the button's text:
Change line 4441 from

Code: Select all

					$icon = "text:".chr(8249)." ".substr($nameToDisplay, 0, 20)." ".chr(8250);
to

Code: Select all

					$icon = "text:".chr(8249)." ".$nameToDisplay." ".chr(8250);
Simple as that. Have a good day.

GUIguy
Posts: 146
Joined: 03 Jan 2016 02:11
Location: Oregon, USA Win 10-64;a 25H2; scale: 100%;XY: 28.10.01000

Re: Session Manager [v7.90]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (save/restore tabsets and layout)

Post by GUIguy »

@Autocart, your solution does not work for me. Perhaps it was not intended to be a solution to my problem.

What I want is to have the button display a separate icon for each session while the text on the button is the session name.
I know how to change the icon, but I'm baffled by the text..

(No, I'm not a programmer!)
GUIguy
Win 11-64; 25H2 (scale: 100%); XY: 28.40.02000

I measure a good day by how little I fell behind

Quick, hire a teenager while they still know everything!

Post Reply