1. XYplorer
2. This app uses even older one, which cannot be resized.
https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Fi ... Sync.shtml
I think those two cover all (99%) of them types of "Browse for Folder" dialogs.
1. XYplorer
Alt-Tab between them. If the file manager was active before opening the dialog, it opens that folder immediately. You can still use Ctr+Q to access the menu if needed.
Changelogxy123 wrote: ↑02 Apr 2025 20:08 Any plans for supporting the worst of them all and that is "Browse for Folder" dialog?
If not supporting them maybe you can integrate this code to replace them:
https://github.com/skygate2012/ReplaceBrowseForFolder
The new version 1.3 works for XY and shows the paths from both panes and tabs.Raf wrote: ↑02 Apr 2025 01:59Added XYplorer dual-pane support. Also you can see all tabs from all file managers: https://github.com/JoyHak/QuickSwitch/releases
Added XYplorer dual-pane support. Also you can see all tabs from all file managers: https://github.com/JoyHak/QuickSwitch/releases
I intentionally removed the icons for minimalism. The main task is to open the desired path by selecting it in the list, and the icons enlarged the menu...Horst wrote: ↑27 Mar 2025 12:31 Much better now![]()
I compiled it myself, of course![]()
Tested successful in combination with Total Commander, XYplorer and Explorer.
There are 2 problems left:
I always run XY in dual-pane mode, but Quick Switch only shows the active one.
It shows the dirs from all running file managers, but not its icons on the list of dirs.
So you don't know which selection is on which file manager.
I have pushed a new release in which I fixed annoyances and improved the settings GUI. Please test it in TotalCommander
.log if something doesn't work. It is located next to the script.INI and AutoStartup link name to simplify updates.\Libs about each included script.ansi to utf-8SysTreeView and SysListView file dialogs.AutoSwitch option was enabled in Menu at first startup but it didn't work.Understood. I cannot simplify this process due to limitations in the capabilities of the Ahk2Exe-Base directive.I always compile any AHK scripts for myself.
This is done to simplify my development and compilation. The version is specified once only in the file name. The file name is then used as a universal variable in the compilation directives because it is the only suitable variable due to the limitations of the ahk2exe directives.Your description says that file names must include the version
for which I don't see any technical reason.
Cool, I'm still working on various improvements!I will check with your new version and also send a screenshot after testing it.