Session Manager [v7.00]  —  Bookmark your environments: locations and/or display (tabsets and layout)

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
FluxTorpedoe

Re: Session Manager [v1.02]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hmmm, could you be more explicit?
What do you mean by "nothing" and how did you install the script as a button?

Just in case, the #Installation# instructions in the first post are still valid.
I just tried them with the latest Session Manager beta on a fresh XY to be sure, but everything's working.
Could you try the "snippet" install method and tell me whether it's working?

CookieMonster

Post by CookieMonster »

It works, I missed a step in the installation. Very nice, I like it :)

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Glad to hear it works! :)

BTW, I should mention that it works perfectly in Single Pane too, no need to be a Dual Pane user.

+ I added a link to the latest beta on top of the first post (it was about time!...).

bert.lloyd

Post by bert.lloyd »

Hi, this is a great addition to xyplorer. I'm setting up a new work computer and was wondering if it's possible to transfer all my saved sessions. This would save a lot of time. My directory structure will be exactly the same.

Thanks,
BL

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

bert.lloyd wrote:Hi, this is a great addition to xyplorer. I'm setting up a new work computer and was wondering if it's possible to transfer all my saved sessions. This would save a lot of time. My directory structure will be exactly the same.

Thanks,
BL
You should be able to just copy all the files and folder within XYplorer's data folder to your new location and all settings should transfer. Depending on how you install XYplorer, your Data folder will be in different location. If you use an installer, it should reside in your Application Data folder (which can easily be accessed by typing %AppData% into the Windows Explorer addressbar (or XYplorer) and it should be in the XYplorer folder within Application Data folder. If it's portable, it will be the Data folder should reside next to XYplorer.exe.

If you ONLY want to transfer your session data, just copy the Panes folder together with the SessionManager.xys and SessionManager.ini files that resides in where you stored it (typically the Scripts folder) to your new computer and it should load up once you re-add SessionManager.xys to the new installation.

bert.lloyd

Post by bert.lloyd »

Thanks, that worked great.

oblivion

Post by oblivion »

Just wanted to add my voice to the general acclamation for this brilliant addon: I love it, it's completely revolutionised the way I work with XYPlorer and I'd recommend it to absolutely anyone who has more than one preferred way of working.

Absolutely fabulous: thank you!
-- bests, Tim

...This space unintentionally left blank.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Hi,

funny, today I've noticed an icon which guess does not belong here.
SessionManager_strange_IE-icon.png
SessionManager_strange_IE-icon.png (17.36 KiB) Viewed 4095 times
Any idea how to revert to the proper ones?

Thanks & cheers,
Filehero

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi' back again everyone! :biggrin:

@Enternal
Thanks for taking (great) care of the technical support! :beer:

@oblivion
Thanks a lot for your kind words!
What can I say... I agree with you! :mrgreen:

@Filehero
I've changed icons (and the way some of them were handled) in the new beta, so this should be fixed.

I'll post it in a few days — with breadcrumbs support of course!... 8)

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi everyone,

After a long offline time, here's the latest update at last!
Most interesting changes include the saving of breadcrumbs with layout (so e.g. you can have a dualpane session with tree and no breadcrumbs, and another single pane session with no tree but breadcrumbs); and a much stronger "reorder list of sessions" (now you can do crazy things with sessions and their name, and the order should "reorder" itself coherently); plus new icons drawn from XY for a more unified look between OS versions.

Session Manager v2.6b5 - Changelog
+ Included SortHeaders to saving of layouts
+ Included Breadcrumbs to saving of layouts
+ Added (clearer) direct access to Reset Session/Reset Layout/Save Temp Session (details in script header)
*** Rewrote code for reordering list of sessions
* Changed most icons for more unified look
* Changed menu entries for Temporary sessions
SessionManager.xys
(77.69 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Tell me what you think !

Enjoy, 8)
Flux

oblivion

Post by oblivion »

FluxTorpedoe wrote: Tell me what you think !
Excellent -- too soon to go into lots of detail but there's a lot of useful enhancements here! Thanks!
-- bests, Tim

...This space unintentionally left blank.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

I experienced no issues once-so-ever with the latest update popping back and forth between 4 different sessions. I also did some session updates. Everything is working fine. I had a few tab icons that were "exclamations" on one session, but that was my own fault. I had renamed or moved some icons and never updated the session.
Thanks Flux, very nice work. :appl:
Ken
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Hi Flux,

thanks for your update! :D

Quick feedback: the "strange" icons are gone.
For a general statement I yet need more time of daily usage.

Cheers,
Filehero

autocart

Re: Session Manager [v2.6b5]

Post by autocart »

I finally arrived at respectively "really" discovered Session Manager (though I had seen and even installed it before :roll: ).
Conclusion: I love :oops: it!!!!! :appl: :!: :!: :!:
Normally this totally should be an integral part of XY but at least its here in the script forum.

:idea: 1 suggestion:
Would it be possible to add an option for auto-saving the temporary session? Please :cry:

[EDIT:] I decided to go ahead and try it by myself. I think it worked. If the current session is the temporary one then it gets auto-updated (saved) on (before) switching to another one. Adapted xys-file attached.
Attachments
SessionManager_2.6b5_adaptedByMe.xys
(78.01 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

FluxTorpedoe

Re: Session Manager [v2.6b7]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

@all
Thanks a lot for your feedback, it counts! :)
Here's a "gift" below...

@autocart
Oh, I just see you edited your post and fixed your need! Nice and clean. ;)
Well, a while back, I had considered implementing a —non-destructible— auto-saving feature, but never pushed it further. Even if it's quite different, your post gave me the incentive to tackle it, so...

- - - - - - - - -

:arrow: Here's a new function added to Session Manager: AutoSave!
Enable it in Options > General: Enable Autosave.
=> The active session (renamed with an "—Autosave—" suffix) will be autosaved each time you leave it to load another session.
BUT the original session is retained! So you can reset it whenever you want, or conversely, you can update your original session with the current (autosaved) state.
To activate autosave for another session (or reset it for the same session), just clik on "Reset Autosave".

Wait, there's more...

:arrow: Here's another function: Define a script to run when a specific session is loaded!
Add a script to a session in Options > Associate Script with Current Session.
=> When loading the session, your script (or label in script) will be run. Possibilities are limitless: you can use the script to run apps or AutoHotkey scripts, change catalogs, etc...
Sessions with a script to Run will be marked with a "®" suffix (btw, I removed the redundant • suffix for layout sessions).

If you find uses for this, please, do share your ideas! :)

Session Manager v2.6b7 - Changelog
+++ AutoSave active session
+++ Associate scripts with sessions
+ Added possibility to save temporary session layout
* Cosmetic and lexical changes
SessionManager.xys
(87.43 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Well, enjoy & tell me what you think!

Have a nice day, 8)
Flux