Music Player/Manager

What other productivity software are you working with...
serendipity

Music Player/Manager

Post by serendipity »

I've been using Musicbee for a while now, I think its one of a kind if you are looking to also manage music files (tagging, embed artwork and lyrics into file) as you play them. Its slightly heavy (~50K) but considering its many features its OK i think. My favorite is autoDJ feature.
http://getmusicbee.com/

Marco

Re: Music Player/Manager

Post by Marco »

I mainly use Winamp for management and listening and burning CDs, foobar2000 for splitting large flac/ape through their cue sheet. And also keep an eye on AIMP3.
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

eil

Post by eil »

i used to like aimp2, but it became worser. now i use fb2k and xmp.
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Thanks for suggesting AIMP3, its very good. But it would only be my second favorite in Music player and manager category. Musicbee's LastFM integration to discover new artists is a very important feature for me.
BTW, my all time favorite has always been XMplay for its simplicity, light resource usage and portability.

underwood

Post by underwood »

I use foobar2000. Easy to include in xyplorer and has many features that can be configured as you need it.

tux.

Post by tux. »

Winamp. I have been using it since v1.something, shortly tried Sonique but always came back. foobar2000 lacks a neat GUI, AMIP is a Winamp clone. I admit that I never used MusicBee though - it just did not attract me when I last checked.

I might not be its preferred kind of user anyway since I don't use my media player for organizing my media.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Resurrection.

though I never have been using Winamp by myself, the recent eol news made me think about alternatives to iTunes.

I ended up with MusicBee and Foobar2000 on my short list. I've just installed MusicBee, the options/settings are literally endless. Nice, a set of different player sizes. I definitely do like what I have seen so far.

Foobar2000 is next. I already read that it has a steeper learning curve (no problem) that will be rewared with perfect customization. Fine, but: is there anything I can achieve with FB2000 but I can't with MusicBee?

And my last one: I did never get around to rip more than 20% of my CDs, and after my move last year I'm sure the they will reside in the basement for good. Is there any legal way to get FLAC archives from somewhere else?

Thanks & cheers,
Filehero

Edit: typos
Last edited by Filehero on 23 Nov 2013 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

binocular222

Post by binocular222 »

For me, support for showing Minilyric in visulaization area is a must. Listening while watching lyric scroll in sync is amazing.
So, Windows Media Player and Winamp are winners. :wink:
I especially love Winamp for how easy panes can be drag/drop/show/hide so freely, so the GUI is nearly fully customizable
I'm a casual coder using AHK language. All of my xys scripts:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 243#p82488

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

After playing around with FB2000 for an hour I start to think that it could be the XYplorer of MusicPlayers. :wink:

Nighted

Post by Nighted »

foobar all the way here. Used to be a Winamp user but it just got too bloated and cramped in my opinion.

BTW, I think development is about to come to an end on Winamp.
I want XY to serve soft ice cream. Please Don, make XY serve soft ice cream.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Nighted wrote:BTW, I think development is about to come to an end on Winamp.
I heard a story on news that it's being discontinued and won't be available for D/L after some date in Dec(?) so get it now if you want it officially.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

On the good side:
http://www.oldapps.com/winamp.php

All or most of the previous versions are there.

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

A new start-up, still Beta but promising if you're into no-frills, no-brainer type of players.
http://resonic.at/

Another basic directory player (if you can do without playlists and all that jazz):
http://mpesch3.de1.cc/