FolderMenu3 EX

What other productivity software are you working with...
Enternal

FolderMenu3 EX

Post by Enternal »

This is an application launcher that is written in AutoIt by rexx and very quick and easy to use. The default shortcut is the Middle Button and Win+W. It's really neat and has a lot of features that allows you to launch apps with parameters, change their icons, quick shortcuts to hide/show hidden files, and etc. Although I say it's an application launcher, it's true purpose is a folder launcher. So you can pretty much Middle Mouse Button, click on AppData, and it will automatically open to AppData. It works in Save/Load/Etc dialog. Note: It does not work with XYplorer due to how different XYplorer works. More on that later.

http://foldermenu.sourceforge.net/
http://foldermenu.sourceforge.net/#features
http://foldermenu.sourceforge.net/#screenshots

You can possibly make it launch folders in XYplorer by instead of adding a folder path to the Path in the add shortcut dialog, you add: "Drive:\PathToXYplorer\XYplorer.exe" "Path"

It is an overall really nice shortcut launcher. It's hidden from view until you use Win+W (customizable) or use the Middle Mouse Button (which is also customizable). However the rexx does not really update it as much anymore (the last update was back in 2010) because he's rather busy. I tried forking it over to GitHub and have fixed a couple minor issues and also made it look a bit better (change fonts and also resized the Options windows to have longer editing fields). Also by default, I added an option that allows you to use the Middle Mouse Button to launch it within XYplorer file listing. But... I also ran out of time so don't expect anything from me. Plus, I'm not exactly a programmer so I can't really add new features easily. Anyway, have fun!

My "updated" version:
https://github.com/Silvernine0S/FolderMenu3EX
Attachments
FolderMenu3EX 06.jpg
FolderMenu3EX 06.jpg (132.59 KiB) Viewed 7185 times
FolderMenu3EX 05.jpg
FolderMenu3EX 05.jpg (130.56 KiB) Viewed 7185 times
FolderMenu3EX 04.jpg
FolderMenu3EX 04.jpg (119.63 KiB) Viewed 7185 times
FolderMenu3EX 01.jpg
FolderMenu3EX 01.jpg (64.2 KiB) Viewed 7185 times
Last edited by Enternal on 15 Nov 2013 05:36, edited 2 times in total.

yusef88

Re: Folder Menu 3

Post by yusef88 »

well done :appl:

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

FolderMenu3 EX now supports XYplorer scripting commands if you're interested. It's currently still in testing so you can get it at:
https://github.com/Silvernine0S/FolderMenu3EX/tree/test (testing branch)
There are a couple other changes too but since this is about XYplorer...

To use it, for the path where you input the path, simply prefix "xys::" to it and you're good to go. Thanks to Marco's XYplorer Messenger script! It will automatically assign a XYplorer icon if it's a scripting command. Thank you Don for the icon!

I have also added the files to this post for convenience since it's a bit confusing how to get the file from Github (you have to click View Raw which makes no sense for actual files).

Examples:

Code: Select all

xys::msg "FolderMenu3EX & XYplorer!"
xys::goto "C:\Users\User\Desktop"
xys::load "<xyscripts>\Weather.xys"
2013-11-12_222831.png
2013-11-12_222831.png (9.96 KiB) Viewed 6377 times
2013-11-12_223136.png
2013-11-12_223136.png (46.19 KiB) Viewed 6377 times
Attachments
FolderMenu_1.0.2_Testing.zip
(443.14 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Last edited by Enternal on 25 Nov 2013 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

New version! The commands have been changed a bit.

xys::
now have XYplorer run the script but the main window will stay in the current state. Basically if XYplorer is running the script while minimized, it will stay minimized when finished.

xys_f::
will have XYplorer restore the window state and have it in focus while running the script. Useful for scripts that use the goto command like:

xys_f::goto "C:\Users\User\Desktop"
XYplorer will go to C:\Users\User\Desktop and then restore XYplorer and have it focused.

Also added all of these commands to the Special Items list that is available when you add a new item. Make it quick and easy to use them without having to type them all out.
2013-11-14_201458.png
2013-11-14_201458.png (29.09 KiB) Viewed 6320 times
Attachments
FolderMenu_1.0.3_Testing.zip
(445.56 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Last edited by Enternal on 25 Nov 2013 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

autocart

Re: FolderMenu3 EX

Post by autocart »

Really nice to see, that someone is taking care of FM3 and additionally nice to see that you are adopting it further especially for XYp!!
Thx, great work! ThumbsUp

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Thank you! :biggrin:

Although it's funny how all the new features I have added so far are related to XYplorer. Kind of "unfair" to all the other file managers :lol:

autocart

Post by autocart »

it does not work :(
xys does nothing
xys_f activates XYp but does not execute the script
any suggestions?
regards, Stephan

[EDIT:]
Could it be that this code of yours has a bug?:
Func XYSScript($xysScript) ;<---------------------------------------------------------here: var $xysScript
; XYplorer Command Support - FolderMenu3 EX
; Original Source By Marco (XYPlorer Messenger): http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9216
$WM_COPYDATAXY = 0x004A
$hWndXY = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:ThunderRT6FormDC]")
$dwDataXY = 0x00400001
$iSizeXY = StringLen($sPathXY) ;<---------------------------------------------here and following: var $sPathXY - but should it not be $xysScript from above ??
$pMemXY = DllStructCreate("wchar[" & $iSizeXY & "]")
DllStructSetData($pMemXY, 1, $sPathXY)
$pCdsXY = DllStructCreate("dword; dword; ptr")
DllStructSetData($pCdsXY, 1, $dwDataXY)
DllStructSetData($pCdsXY, 2, ($iSizeXY * 2))
DllStructSetData($pCdsXY, 3, DllStructGetPtr($pMemXY))
DllCall("user32.dll", "lresult", "SendMessageW", "hwnd", $hWndXY, "uint", $WM_COPYDATAXY, "wparam", 0, "lparam", DllStructGetPtr($pCdsXY))
EndFunc
Attachments
fm3ex_options.png
fm3ex_options.png (41.12 KiB) Viewed 6215 times

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

That's odd. It's working perfectly for me here. However it's true that the script is wrong at that function. It should be $sPathXY and not $xysScript. However, it should not be the problem since $sPathXY is a global variable. Anyway, try this again to see if it works this time. Use the code:

xys::msg "Test!";
to see if it works properly.

Also, what script are you using? Do you mind sharing it so that I can use it to further test if it still does not work for you? Also have you tried loading that same command in XYplorer directly (in the addressbar like ::load Script1)?
Attachments
FolderMenu_Test.zip
(445.59 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

autocart

Post by autocart »

I am running Win7 64 bit with XYp (which is a 32 bit application).
Before, I had tested the x64 version, which did not work.
Now I tested the 32 bit version (from Nov 15th, 2013) and so far it works ok.
Seems you can delete the download offer of the x64 version.
Regards, Stephan

autocart

Post by autocart »

However, normal bookmarks are not opened in XYp (it opens WinEx instead), although I did add XYp to the applications.
(I did not try this in the x64 version.)
I don't understand it, it now works again, seems it started working after I played around with the shell integration settings of XYp.

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Yeah the x64 bit version always seem to cause some weird issues or something. I might end up not offering it anymore. Even when I used it, once in a while there are problems that occured that never happened with the 32bit version.

64Bit versions are all removed until it fully works. 32Bit versions however should fully work.
autocart wrote:However, normal bookmarks are not opened in XYp (it opens WinEx instead), although I did add XYp to the applications.
(I did not try this in the x64 version.)
I don't understand it, it now works again, seems it started working after I played around with the shell integration settings of XYp.
If it reappeared again, tell me. In the mean time, I will see if I can "break" it in some other ways.

stanmarsh

Post by stanmarsh »

@autocart

i have these settings in FolderMenuEX, maybe you can try it out

Application Tab
Name: XYplorer
Class: ThunderRT6FormDC
Choose: Match

Others Tab
File Manager Path: \PATH\TO\XYPLORER.exe

integration of FolderMenuEX and XYplorer is working perfectly for me, using the latest v1.0.3
i also use the restart everytime i change something in the menu.

@Enternal
i haven't tried x64 version because i don't have windows 64-bit, too bad its not working right, is this becuase of FolderMenuEX code or the autoit 64-bit compiler?

does the x32 FolderMenuEX works in x64? if it does then we have nothing to worry about.

merci!

autocart

Post by autocart »

stanmarsh wrote:does the x32 FolderMenuEX works in x64? if it does then we have nothing to worry about.
yes, it does, at least for me

the other stuff at the moment works again too, as mentioned above. I will come back to testing and trying if it should not work anymore as desired by me.

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

@ stanmarsh
I think it's the compiler since 32Bit works perfectly yet 64Bit is causing issues. I will need to investigate it further since it's such an odd problem. But yes, the 32Bit works perfectly under 64Bit. I actually have been using the original 32Bit FolderMenu on 64Bit windows for years. Not an issue at all.

autocart

Post by autocart »

Ok, I don't know if it's the same as before, but it just does not work right in open/save dialogs.

i.e in firefox, if i try to navigate to C:\ by using a bookmark, it will write C:\ into Edit1, have the text selected (blue background-highlight of text), and then writes the original text back to Edit1 but does not navigate to C:\

in autocad it will do something to Edit1 (happens fast) and then still opens the file that was selected before. Only if I blank Edit1 out manually it will navigate to C:\ properly.

strange comparing it to original FM3: it now opens bookmarks always in default file manager (also wrong).

[EDIT:] orig. FM3 x86 behaves like FM3EX, only the x64 version of orig. FM3 behaves like mentioned.
[EDIT2:]Now also the 32bit version opens any bookmarks in the default file manager. I wonder if it has something to do with my PC (resp. the software on my PC). I am also running Listary http://www.listary.com/. Maybe they are interfering?? But I would not know how.
[EDIT3:]I edited the source code a litte and was able to solve the the firefox (and probably autocad) problem but I still need to test it on my PC at work before I post it here.
Last edited by autocart on 27 Nov 2013 16:00, edited 2 times in total.