Indonesian

Where developers, translators, and users meet...
y2kusuma

Indonesian

Post by y2kusuma »

Hi all,

I am trying the best I can to translate XYplorer to Indonesian. Any support, hints, and tips greatly appreciated.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Indonesian

Post by admin »

Hi y2kusuma!

Wonderful! :D Welcome to the club of XY translators!

Don

Anselma

Post by Anselma »

I had had plan to work on Indonesian translation as well and I did not expect that I would have found myself being gotten ahead. I was restraining from enlisting as a translator before because I am pretty much busy at this moment, whereas the XYplorer reference file lists a huge amount of lines. Let alone I cannot be sure whether XYplorer has really scored any sales records for Indonesia. But I guess it does not matter anymore right now since y2kusuma has joined us and volunteered to handle the task. I hope y2kusuma here may provide all the best service he can give to localise Xyplorer into Indonesian.

@y2kusuma:
I do not think I should doubt your competency in English. I can tell you have mastered English to a level where you need not enlist aid from a machine translator service like Google Translate only to figure out the meaning of a sentence. So what is probably left for concern is your mastery in the target language itself, namely Bahasa Indonesia. This comprises how perfect is your grammar, how vast is your vocabulary, and whether you follow latest development on it. For instance, there is PANDUAN PEMBAKUAN ISTILAH PELAKSANAAN INSTRUKSI PRESIDEN NOMOR 2 TAHUN 2001 TENTANG PENGGUNAAN KOMPUTER DENGAN APLIKASI KOMPUTER BERBAHASA INDONESIA KIAT PEMBAKUAN PERISTILAHAN PERKOMPUTERAN DALAM BAHASA INDONESIA which, one among other things, governs how a localisation process of a foreign software has to be exercised. In case you had never been aware of its existence yet, below is the link:

PANDUAN PEMBAKUAN ISTILAH

Complementarily to the above, the following are additional online resources to guide you through the whole process.

Terminology Search - Microsoft | Language Portal
Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia dalam jaringan

Do remember you MUST always build your work base on them.

Good luck on your work! :appl:
Last edited by Anselma on 07 Feb 2013 05:08, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What a cool link! Thanks for sharing!

Borut

Post by Borut »

Yep, the link is quite cool and more or less known to this community since November 2012.

Let me remind both new and old translators that there was an effort to create translation glossaries - based on the Microsoft Terminology - which can be readily integrated in and used out of the ITT tool of XYplorer.

FluxTorpedoe was kind enough to develop an adaptation script and use it to prepare these files for a number of languages. (I have then done the same for South Slavic languages.) The relevant thread is: http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8868

If there is a need for additional languages, translators should perhaps state that in the above cited thread. Maybe FluxTorpedoe will again be kind enough... or you can use his script to do it yourself.

For integration of such a file in the ITT, see this message: http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8809 - look for "Word Lists".
Win 10 Pro 64bit

y2kusuma

Post by y2kusuma »

Hi Borut , Dear Anselma, thank you for your guidance. By the way, I am a native Indonesian, a Javanese precisely, and Bahasa Indonesia is my mother's language.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, have you given up?

Anselma

Post by Anselma »

No updates from y2kusuma yet? I hope he did not quit. :( Perhaps the job came to be bigger than he had thought. After all, translating more than 5000 strings can be very tiresome, frustrating, and time consuming for someone who is not accustomed to it. I had been there myself in my early days.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I would say he has given up. Do you want to take over?

Anselma

Post by Anselma »

Sure, Don, if you ask me to. Entering the Holy Month of Ramadan, it can be a means to kill time while waiting for the dusk as Indonesian people call it "ngabuburit".

But what if y2kusuma actually is still working below the radar? If such is true, good for him if he manages to finish before me, but supposed the opposite, it would be frustrating for him that his work may wind up in vain.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

He is totally silent for 5 months now. I hope he is well, but for me this surely counts as "given up".

If you want to take over, brilliant! :appl: Happy Ramadan! :biggrin:

Anselma

Post by Anselma »

Not so fast, I am afraid. I have to look at my schedule first. I am currently working on translation for Total Uninstall and SpyShelter, and then perhaps proofreading SoftMaker Office--Your fellow German company, I suppose?--. I think I can put XYplorer in between SpyShelter and SoftMaker. It may take up a month or two, depend on the situation.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No problem. Looks like you are the only one in the race. :)

Anselma

Post by Anselma »

Don,

I am exhausted to tell you that Indonesian language for XYplorer is about to ready. Just a couple of strings left. I have some questions beforehand:
  • Do you expect me to translate "Home Edition" to something like "Edisi Rumahan" or should it be left intact?
  • What does "resp." stand for?
  • The "checked" in "Checked all drives" and "Checked fixed drives only" messages, do they mean the past form of "to check" or a passive form?
  • There are terms that seem to be derived from a phrase joined together, e.g. CustomCopy, CustomMove, DroppedText, TabsetNew, TimeStamp, Codepage. How should they be treated?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow, great news!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

- Please leave "Home Edition" intact.
- resp. = respectively
- "Checked all drives" = "I checked all drives" or "XYplorer checked all drives", so it's past form .
- Please translate only these: DroppedText (one word, it's used for a filename), TabsetNew (one word, it's used for a filename), Codepage